Modders and Duping Gear

Is there really a patch coming out soon getting rid of both of these ridiculous cheats?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

who fing cares let them mod the hell out of the game MS does not care nor does blizzard since that can't even support the game from locking up when it saves.

The modding will never be fixed as they would have to get rid of the offline mode which aint happening.   If you dont want dupping and mods go to PC with DRM.

This problem can only be fixed for about a month even with a patch there will always be someone out there who will pass thru this patch

Perhaps you're right... Maybe Blizzard could do something like in Borderlands 2 where there's a check for modded items when you start the game and they get deleted. Duping will still be around, but I don't see that as an issue. It took Gearbox about a year to get out the modded weapons patch, so I wouldn't bet that we'll see anything like that soon.

[quote user="CuriousJazzCat"]

No, what makes you think there is? There may be a way for Blizzard to remove modded weapons from the game, but I don't think they're going to, and it's not because they don't care. It's more that it's not worth the effort. Modders will taper off the longer the game is out, and it's not hard to find legit players on the official console forums if that's your thing. Also, duping isn't the issue. The problem is modded weapons and stats in random online games. I could see Blizzard giving us the ability to kick people from a hosted game, which would certainly help the issue. [/quote]

You think so?  Almost every game that is rife with this sort of thing tend to get worse the longer the game is out. Borderlands 1 was great when it was first out, now it's full of people using modded gear. Only played CoD4 myself, however, it seems modding etc gets worse in those types of games rather than better.  The same holds true with many other games.

Where is official console forums i am desperately in need of legit players

i doubt there will be a patch unless there is DLC coming.

No, what makes you think there is? There may be a way for Blizzard to remove modded weapons from the game, but I don't think they're going to, and it's not because they don't care. It's more that it's not worth the effort. Modders will taper off the longer the game is out, and it's not hard to find legit players on the official console forums if that's your thing. Also, duping isn't the issue. The problem is modded weapons and stats in random online games. I could see Blizzard giving us the ability to kick people from a hosted game, which would certainly help the issue.

?????