Mod Accusations

Ive been playing call of duty since the original and Ive had to deal with being called a mod user from time to time.

It started in cod4 when i would destroy kids with the G3

continued in Waw when I would obliterate kids with the m1a1

continued in mw2 when I annihilated kids in mw2 with the FAL

and now in Mw3 it continues with the mk14 rapid fire attachment.

it's not even little kids saying I have a mod....it's supposedly seasoned call of duty players who send me messages about stuff like this.

Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I can see why people who don't have a clue would think you boosted for them title and emblems, I've never even seen one before and I play too much.

With the Spas, I think it's the way you move with it, the length of the gun and I'm just very used to it now. I can't play the KSG to save my life, it just doesn't seem to go well with stalker and I've not steady aimed the shotguns for ages apart from the AA12. For example if I've been using the ACR with it's long barrel, then I go to the MP7, because how short it is in comparison I have to switch from 5 to a 4 sensitivity. This is like the KSG vs Spas due to the former being smaller in length. The Spas just fits like my best coat and the others are like the ones you wear when the best one in the wash..... I don't know.... it's just a beast of a gun for me.

"@Bob What title are you on about?".

500 Headshot Emblem for the M60 and the 1000 with the Glocks together... and I normally just eye the insertion for a while, or drop explosives on it :P

I can understand disabling some though.... killing someone off the spawn is great, but it isn't great when they all mug you :P

"If I play with the spas it's more fun to push spawns around than straight up trap".

Why do you like the SPAS so much? After 600 kills with it, or whatever I have, I like it much more than I did and like how it consistently gets one-hit-kills at close quarters, but it doesn't compete well against other shotguns and while it is my second favourite, I still prefer the Model.

It's definitely a nice, smooth weapon to use though.

"However, if you you & your pals do this to me & my clan during an objective match while completely ignoring the objective, then we'll all report you for boosting & cheating because that's exactly what you'd be doing. You would be taking advantage of a flawed system simply to boost your k/d ratio (& your sad ego as well) while ignoring the whole point of the game while also ruining the fun of the game for others - & that IS unacceptable".

I find this somewhat debatable. If we cap two flags and then spawnkill you for the rest of the game... I'm pretty sure we're going to win, and it isn't going to be because everyone raged.

"At the end of the day I payed for this game and can play how I like as long as I'm not breaking the rules." - CasterTr0y666

-

...or ruining the fun of the game for others - which is exactly what you'd be doing. You have to understand, developers make games in the hopes that it puts everyone on a level playing field. If you're not playing by the rules (i.e, not completing the objectives), you're obviously not playing fair.

-

Locking down 2 flags & pushing the spawns around is not necessarily spawn camping. That's a legitimate strategy for domination IMO & should only be considered spawn camping if you're ignoring the 2 flags (after capture) & killing the enemy immediately as they spawn (which wouldn't be fair). Thankfully in that case, the game is usually smart enough to have the losing team spawn near 1 of the other flags, but unfortunately it's not fast enough at doing so - by then it's usually too late to recover the game. IMO, if you were to use that strategy (spawn camping), the game should allow the losing team to spawn near an enemy flag in about 3 kills (or 1/2 the team in the case of ground war), if all 3 or so were killed very near the last flag & their spawns. That way it forces the winning team to stay back & defend their control points while waiting for the losing team to leave their remaining flag & this inherently gives the losing team a fighting chance to break through enemy lines. It'll still be tough for the losing team, but at least they'll have a fighting chance, especially if the winning team risks pushing too close to the remaining flag.

I don't play with a team and you don't actually need one to trap on all maps, only another two people is fine. It's not like people are getting killed as they spawn in demo, it's nothing more than locking down two flags and reaping nubs. Like you said you can just quit, I do if it happens to me. If I play with the spas it's more fun to push spawns around than straight up trap. At the end of the day I payed for this game and can play how I like as long as I'm not breaking the rules.

[quote user="CASTERTR0Y666"]

Yes I get this often but I wouldn't go as far to say its a problem. I find it quite amusing when someone sends hate messages after they've been locked in their spawn and had a train ran over them multiple times. At the end of the day if they don't like how people play all they have to do is press start, up and x.

[/quote]

I hate spawn campers with a passion.

-

If you & your pals do this to me & my clan during team deathmatch, we'll attempt to fight our way out or quit if we can't (after all, there's no fun in standing there & just taking it). The point in that game is to kill your opponent, after all.

-

However, if you you & your pals do this to me & my clan during an objective match while completely ignoring the objective, then we'll all report you for boosting & cheating because that's exactly what you'd be doing. You would be taking advantage of a flawed system simply to boost your k/d ratio (& your sad ego as well) while ignoring the whole point of the game while also ruining the fun of the game for others - & that IS unacceptable.

@Bob What title are you on about? Yeah killing tac insert players is great! Lol I usually find if you prone next to the tac and knife them everytime they spawn they usually quit. I played a team of six snipers the other day using them, I went 65\16 and after they invited me. With that many tacs though I was having to destroy most of them as they were pretty close together for the most part.

Oh and what does you sig mean or what is it from? I keep reading it and it's doing my head in :p

^

Someone gave me the "Me and my whole clan have just reported you for boosting. Enjoy being a level 1 no Prestige you boosting scum" the other day.

All I could say was... "I'm sorry, are you talking to me because of my title and emblem or because I just killed somebody using a Tactical Insertion badly?"

I had no idea what was up, and I did kill the guy three times off one Insertion... I get it all the time though. "How did you hack your title?" was a classic as well.

Funny I mentioned what the guy said to me about cancer earlier, another guy sent me 2 messages telling me he hopes my parents die slow of terminal cancer. Also he's going to report me and show the video to Bancandy for hacking and cheating. Pmsl, I don't even have a Scuff controller........ god some people.

i get accused of modding everytime i play on my own, i just tell them something like: "whateva makes you happy file a complaint if you have to"  then i mute them. it's that simple nothing to get worked up about.

@Zombie Harvest you probably have a moddied controller or a fast trigger finger