MMORPG?!

Hey folks, any of you fallout intellectuals know about the fallout MMORPG? Is it still happening and if not what the douche happened?! Also anyone know what future games are in the pipeline? Oh and the protonic inversal axe from OWB rocks my world =D

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There is no word on this right now. Interplay had to finish the game out by 2010 or they were in breach of contract with Bethesda. Now they are in a legal battle thats been drug on for a while now. Bethesda wants to kill the MMO since they feel it will hurt the canon story of Fallout.

As far as IGN is concerned it's comatose & ready to meet it's maker.  While Interplay does have sign-ups for the Beta they & Bethesda are fighting over the rights, even though when Interplay sold the rights to the Fallout series they had reserved the rights to making the MMO.  My guess is that when Bethesda realized how much money could be made from the franchise they said "oops" hence the current issues between them & Interplay.  Greed knows no common sense.

It's sad, this is one of the 2 series I'd break my "no paying for a game twice" rule for.  The other being Star Wars (which i already pre-ordered, CE version).  

Project V13, or the MMO, is actually in production. There are 3 leaked screens from court documents used to prove to the courts it was in fact in development. Under the current and disputed agreement, they have to release it by the end of 2012. There are little to no other details, as none have been 'officially' released possibly due to the legal squabble. Interplay is working with Masthead studios, and is rumored to be using the Earthrise engine. If Interplay does indeed retain the rights, I would guess, the beta to be released in Q2-Q3 of 2012.

Yesterday, the injunction Bethesda filed to halt production failed. Good news for the game, but there will be more fallout (pun intended).

Sweet thanks for parting with your knowledge guys! dont suppose any of you folks have links to the leaked content do you? think im going to spend my day trawling the net to see what i can uncover =) mmo could be a franchise killer but personally think the fallout universe is big enough to encorporate it as an mmo. could be the start of something beautiful or be frankensteins monster...who was cool lol! anyway what do the rest of you think on this? excited? upset? or whatever, bring me ghouls, super mutants and a large caliber rifle an ill play it?! Im with the latter!

Took sometime to find the IGN article.  While fairly old at this point they do update from time to time. Anyway: Life Support, games in danger.

I would certainly give it a try if they did. I still can't find anything that comes from the folks that actually make the game, and with that, I'll go back to my gut and say it just is not going to happen anytime soon. Years down the road maybe.

A Fallout MMO is the only one I would play.

The question is....would it be popular enough to compete with WoW?

[quote user="Camaro2390"]

The question is....would it be popular enough to compete with WoW?

[/quote]

Cuh! If it had Runescape graphics I'd play it!