MMORPG

Even though I'm not a fan of these types of games I think Microsoft should be looking into ways to utilize their consoles to be able to play MMORPG.  If they allow a keyboard and mouse to be hooked up or some custom peripherals.  If they could get the World of Warcraft people to migrate over they would be on to something at that point.  That could also be used for Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 and I'm sure the 360 has it's limitations for playing this game along with the network but it could be something they would be able to take advantage of with the next console.

What are your thoughts on this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

the xbox live is a closed network so it wont happen

God, no the console community is not mature or ready enough for it to happen. Plus, There is not nearly enough buttons for the xbox to even play a mmorpg.  

Lets not forget that it would be ripe for hackers.

MMORPG never get hack in am my years of playing mmorpg I have yet to see one get hacked.

What The Lord of War said.

One of the things that people like about games like WoW is that you can make plenty of changes to the game interface through non-oficial plug-ins. A game on Xbox would not have that level of personalization and would discourage lots of people.

A big investment that would probably reach only 100k subscribers and would not be able to keep itself for a long time.

Also, I think we would need a console with more RAM.

isnt fantasy star universe a mmopg?

It is totally possible and it already exists, FFXI. PC, 360 and PS2 all play together.

But it could be even simpler. Champions Online is a MMORPG and it works almost perfectly(couple commands I can't figure out) with just a 360 controller. It's free to play now so that wouldn't clash with Live, besides Live charging for using.

[quote user="The Lord of War"]

MMORPG never get hack in am my years of playing mmorpg I have yet to see one get hacked.

[/quote]

Peoples accounts on WOW get hacked all of the time. People hack into other accounts and steal their money and launder it out by buying and selling items. Anyone who plays WOW knows this. Why do you think the WOW servers get shut down once a month for maintence? Its because the mods at blizzard are running a tight shift and they're trying to keep the servers clean.

But yeah, allthough it would be cool it xbox had an mmorpg, I just dont see it happening anytime soon.

Champions online was originally slated for release on the 360.  It got cancelled a few months before release.

It was a smart decision, because the game needed major patching right after release in order to make it playable, something that being on a console would have made problematic at best.  It can be done, as FFXi, and DCUO have proven, but it is a difficult proposition that seemingly few companies are willing to risk.

I'd love to see one on the 360, myself.

Besides FFXI, that is.....played that,  it's okay, but it's old