MMO?

How come nobody ever wants to make a MMO for a console?  Maybe now is the time since people are buying up subscriptions for their favorite games?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I dislike MMO's.... I wouldn't mind if a new developer was going to attempt one, but the idea of Bethesda doing a Fallout MMO instead of a standard game doesn't appeal to me.

Because they all fail within a few months and go free to play.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

Because they all fail within a few months and go free to play.

[/quote]

Thats a Fact!

Final Fantasy XI is a wonderful MMO on xbox 360. You can get the game from their wabsite for 9.99. It's about 12.00 a monthly fee. Can't beat that. I had it when it first game out on xbox 360 and I loved it. That's so far the only one I have seen that has done well.

I think that it mainly comes down to patching.

-

MMOs have patches coming out almost daily to fix issues that occur, large and small.

-

Can you imagine how long it would have taken Blizzard to fix the 'plague' that was running rampant in World of Warcraft if they'd had to go through Microsoft's patch certification process news.bbc.co.uk/.../4272418.stm.

There is a new zombie MMO coming exclusively to the Xbox 360.

http://undeadlabs.com/class3/  - You can find a lot of information on there about the game about Class3 and then Class4 which will come after.

It all sounds promising and I hope we see something at E3 2012 as things have been quite for a while about this project by Undead Labs.

http://undeadlabs.com/media/ -  It runs on Cry Engine 3 which Crysis 1/2 use.

There is also this footage that shows gameplay. Very excited about this project.

[quote user="SidneyDog432"]

Final Fantasy XI is a wonderful MMO on xbox 360. You can get the game from their wabsite for 9.99. It's about 12.00 a monthly fee. Can't beat that. I had it when it first game out on xbox 360 and I loved it. That's so far the only one I have seen that has done well.

[/quote]Yeah, it's all wonderful until you learn that you need the disk to uninstall the stupid thing. Ugh... I never ended up caring for it and got rid of the disk and couldn't uninstall it when I had a 20gb hard drive. Had to completely wipe it. 

I would like an MMO game on the 360 but to be honest i would not be prepared to pay a subscription for it, as i already pay for Xbox LIVE so if they did make an MMO for 360 with monthly charge i would not buy it.

people pay for PC MMO's each month why not on xbox?

I expect BETA that the argument that will be used is the same as the one against online passes.

-

We already pay the Gold subscription to play online, why should we pay again.