Missing Content bug?

I'm currently having an issue trying to play multiplayer matches. I have the latest expansion pack but its telling me I'm missing content. Is there something I'm missing? for 2012 there is only 1 expansion pack correct?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've recently been having the same problem...Not sure how to fix it. Any information would be very helpful.

The only way I've found to get around this bug is to quick search for matches in the respective category you're searching for. I really hope this gets a more practical fix though.

I'm having this same problem. I can't join games that have the "Requires downloadable content" checkbox ticked.

I can only play people who don't have the Expansion installed, which is presumably what the game finds if you select quick search.

I've been online with Microsoft support personnel for a better part of the day trying to sort the problem out. I've deleted the expansion and reinstalled it. Cleared system cache. Delete the game and expansion, reinstalling both. Deleted the game, expansion, and my Xbox Live profile, clearing system cache and rebooting and generally trying my darndest on advice from Microsoft to clear any trace of playing the game short of deleting save games or items.

And still, it just doesn't work. Every time I try to join a game I get  "Cannot join current session due to content missing"

It offers (X) as a means of purchasing needed content. But that only shows the Expansion, and informs me I've already purchased it and downloaded it.

So I'm stuck. This has to be a bug. 

I have the exact problem you are having. I've tried everything you have tried, including moving my profile and saved content back and forth between my HD, memory card, internal memory unit, etc. Still the same bs. Only way I can play a multiplayer game is if I create a match, or if I find one without the "Requires Downloadable Content" ticked.

same problem here? is there any solution or are we stuffed. this is really irritating since we all spent money on this..

Passing this bug on for investigation.

I figured out what my problem was with help from the Wizards forum.

The downloadable content missing isn't the expansion pack, but a deck pack that doesn't get listed with the error or when you press (X) to purchase.

I found a DLC called "Magic 2012 Deck pack (multiplayer only)" that was free and now I can join DLC enabled games.

I had the same problem contacted xbox live support they wasted an hour and a half of my time and told me to contact Magic the gathering. Ill try to find the download Multiplier only for free. Hopefully that works. Thanks henry for giving more info then xbox live support.

"I found a DLC called "Magic 2012 Deck pack (multiplayer only)" that was free and now I can join DLC enabled games."

Yep, that worked for me!!! Search in the marketplace under extras in the Game of Magic: TG 2012

i can't seem to find my Halo 4 war games pass that i paid $25 for and it keeps giving me a meagasse that says "Please connect to Xbox Live and have the war games pass downloaded." I checked my download history and wasn't though. i hope this is fixed soon