Misic Pass - Obtaining Misic Usage Rights

I am on a trial of Xbox Live Gold and Music Pass. Using my Xbox 360 system or Windows 8.0 windows music app I am able to listen

to music without any problem. But when I try and listen to music using Windows 8.0 Media Player or Windows 8.0 Media Center running

on my Windows 8.0 laptop I see and click on the music, but I am not able to access the music due to usage rights.

It asks me to first play the track on the Windows app or download the Zune app and play the track.

Playing the music on the Windows music app didn't seem to get me the usage rights. I download and installed

the Zune app and played the track but that also didn't help. But if I download the track using the Zune app on my Windows 8.0

laptop then I am able to play the track. But when I download the music using Zune, then I am then left with tracks

showing up two times. I checked my subscriptions to make sure they are in force and also to make sure I am logged

into the right account, and that all seems to be in order. Surely there is an easier way for me to get the music usage rights

other than downloading music using the Zune application.  Any help would be appreciated. Note that I didn't apply the

Windows 8.1 update at that had caused problems with the Windows Media Player and WebEx applications.

Thanks

Brian...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to: