Mirrors Edge 2

Do you think there will be online play in the 2nd one , ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, but I wouldn't really considers those two free running games. You just hold a button and the game does it all for you, unlike Mirror's Edge. It was pretty linear, but I didn't mind. Speed running was a lot of fun.

As I said two years ago I really didn't like Mirrors Edge. If you wanted a free running game then you had bought the wrong thing, it was pretty much 'on-rails' with one path to go that was highlighted for you with a nice red colour.

There was no real freedom to explore as in Prototype or Assassins Creed. 

More like Mirror's Edge: Origins, because it's a prequel apparently.

Mirrors edge 2 is coming. Just now we play the waiting game D;

[quote user="Deadly Cyclone"]

[quote user="BigSilverBear"]

Battlefied 3 has nothing to do with the fact Mirrors Edge 2 is not in development at the moment. The game simply did not sell well and the sequel was cancelled (as well as the third title in the planned trilogy). I read an article about it some months back (and think I actually made a post about it) but it basically said that while Mirrors Edge was "close to their heart" production had been stopped for the foreseeable future.

[/quote]

Mirror's Edge 2 has not been cancelled, EA clarified that recently. Battlefield 3 development has most of DICE working on that franchise, so ME2 was, of course, stopped for the time being. Hopefully in the not-too-distant future the series returns.

[/quote]I think this is the article I read a while back. As it says a small team were working on the game and then they weren't. As far as I'm concerned that's cancelled.

Only thing that really bothered me were the dumb esurance style cutscenes.

[quote user="TigerGuitarist"]And Sword, Brinks "free running" wasn't attempting to be more than Mirror's Edge.  Brink's devs made an analogy to it saying Mirror's Edge was a free running game with light FPS elements while Brink was a FPS with light free running elements.[/quote]I wasn't the one putting Mirror's Edge and Brink in the same category. I was explaining why they weren't. I'm sure your post will be useful to someone, somewhere, maybe.

Battlefied 3 has nothing to do with the fact Mirrors Edge 2 is not in development at the moment. The game simply did not sell well and the sequel was cancelled (as well as the third title in the planned trilogy). I read an article about it some months back (and think I actually made a post about it) but it basically said that while Mirrors Edge was "close to their heart" production had been stopped for the foreseeable future.

[/quote]

Mirror's Edge 2 has not been cancelled, EA clarified that recently. Battlefield 3 development has most of DICE working on that franchise, so ME2 was, of course, stopped for the time being. Hopefully in the not-too-distant future the series returns.

[quote user="voteDC"]

I didn't like the first game.

When I first started the game I thought something was wrong with my 360 as it just looked so bland. There was little free running as there was only really one set route you could go and the use of the first person view was a misstep in my opinion.

[/quote]

Hmm, not sure what was "bland" about it. It has amazing colors. I loved that each building had it's own color scheme and everything was bright and intense. As for free running, that was the whole game, and there were multiple paths through each level, not just one. Also, I don't want ME to be Assassin's Creed, the first person perspective is the only way this game works so well, in my opinion.

I would love a Mirror's Edge 2, the first one was a blast.  

And Sword, Brinks "free running" wasn't attempting to be more than Mirror's Edge.  Brink's devs made an analogy to it saying Mirror's Edge was a free running game with light FPS elements while Brink was a FPS with light free running elements.

[quote user="Cru Hunter"]

[/quote] I thought that with a game like Battlefield 3, Dice would want as many hands on deck as possible. That would mean taking away bodies from ME2 and moving them to B3 to aid in production. Read into 'halted production' what you will, but Mirror's Edge received good reviews and has a moderate fanbase, which is pretty good for an experiment. I'm pretty sure Dice recognizes the game's potential. Thus I refuse to believe they would be foolish enough to scrap it entirely.

[/quote]Publishers don't take ceritan developer from one company then put them on a different project.

Also, battlefield 3 has for poentenital then Mirror's edge 2. The fact how ground breaking battlefield 3 will be is simply amazing.