Mirror's Edge 2

There has been little to no information about a sequel to Mirror's Edge, but apparently it's in the works and is rumored to run on the Frostbite 2 engine.

I for one loved Mirror's Edge, but since I'm not a fan of time trials, the game had little replay value for me. All the parkour elements were great and done really well, the art design was very bright and unique, and the hand to hand combat was good, but the shooting aspect definitely needed some work...

Are you looking forward to it? Did you like the original game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I did like the first one, but i am not too sure about a second one. It just feels like it has been to long since mirrors edge 1 came out. I don't even remember the plot of the story. Anyways, I will have to wait and see until more information comes out for mirrors edge 2 before i get pumped up for it or not. Either way, i will rent it when and if it does come out.

[quote user="DarKzEnergYz"]

I did like the first one, but i am not too sure about a second one. It just feels like it has been to long since mirrors edge 1 came out. I don't even remember the plot of the story. Anyways, I will have to wait and see until more information comes out for mirrors edge 2 before i get pumped up for it or not. Either way, i will rent it when and if it does come out.

[/quote]I just beat the game again a few minutes ago and even I can't remember what the plot is about... XD

[quote user="Black Wolf XCI"]

[quote user="DarKzEnergYz"]

[/quote]I just beat the game again a few minutes ago and even I can't remember what the plot is about... XD

[/quote]

lol. I am actually thinking about renting it from gamefly and play it again if mirrors edge 2 is indeed being worked on

I loved the first game and I would be stoked if a second one comes out.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I enjoyed the the first game thoroughly, hope this it true.

I feel the same way black wolf. Mirror's Edge was a fantastic game but it had no replay value for me either. I would definitely like to play a second one if it came out.

I believe it is coming, but may be next gen. The first game is still one of my all time favorites. :P

[quote user="Deadly Cyclone"]

I believe it is coming, but may be next gen. The first game is still one of my all time favorites. :P

[/quote]
I could see this happening. EA probably want to get set with the Next Gen of consoles with a lot of their games and sequels. I really enjoyed Mirrors Edge, it was a unique and innovative game when it was released. I have been wanting a sequel ever since I finished it.

When I first started the game I thought there was something wrong with my console and the textures weren't loading. Nope turned out the game really did just look that bland.

-

The game was pretty much just a set of obstacle courses as there was very little 'free running' to be had.

-

My biggest irritant however was the view they chose. Now I know they likely went with the first person to try and do something different but for me it just didn't work. You lacked peripheral vision, depth perception and spacial awareness.

-

I really think the game would have benefited from being in the third person and adopting a more Assassin's Creed approach to free running.

That is the thing though. Giving it a third person view and having it more like Assassin's Creed just makes it come across as a clone game. Assassin's Creed had already been out a year and had been well established, before Mirrors Edge release. So having another third person free running game (despite being in a different scenario and location) it would not have felt as innovative and unique as Mirrors Edge did.

I felt really enjoyed the look of it. It was a game like Portal, simple and straight forward yet remarkably brilliant and challenging at times, and it came out of nowhere. Hopefully the sequel will have a more of a story you can get into this time around and the return of Hope.