Mirosoft points purchase debited more money than should have

I purchased 1000 microsoft points with a pre-paid Australia post card for $16.50 AU. My balance before the transaction was $24.81 AU. The transaction was successful and then I tried to purchase another 500 points for $8.25 AU but it was declined. I looked at the transaction record for my visa card. The transaction for the 1000 points was not shown though the decline attempts for the 500 points were. My balance is now $4.04 AU without any other successful transactions. What has happened to my other $4.27 that I was going to use to buy the 500 points?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there Marlin!  That's some mysterious math indeed.  My gut feeling here is that there are some authorizations that may or may not be showing up. (Authorizations are temporary or "test" charges on a card.  They happen with just about every digital transaction, but usually cancel out too fast to be noticed.)  If I'm right, you'll see all the charges as they should in a day or two without anyone needing to do anything.  That all being said, if in a day or two you don't see everything mathing out properly, you'll want to check your billing history on commerce.microsoft.com -- it'll show 100% for sure what charged went through on our end.  If even then things still aren't adding up, something went funky card-side, and you'll want to contact them to get it sorted, but I seriously doubt that'll be necessary.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.