Minecraft's game halting glitch...

I purchased Minecraft last night and can see why so many people get hooked on it. I was thoroughly enjoying myself until I ran into the inventory freeze glitch, which basically makes the game unplayable.

Once I had finished the tutorial mode, I made a new world so I could start my adventure. An hour or so later I went to open my inventory for the first time and it asked me if I wanted to do the inventory tutorial or not, since I had already done it, I chose to skip it. Minecraft froze. My Xbox 360 was still working properly so all I had to do was go to the dashboard to get out of it.

I thought it was just some random freeze up so I started a new world and ran into the same exact glitch. I dashboarded and tried again, but this time, I decided to go through the inventory tutorial instead of skipping it. Minecraft froze.

Anytime I try to open up my inventory, outside of the main tutorial mode, Minecraft freezes. After a quick Google search, it appears I'm not the only person experiencing this game breaking glitch... It's inexcusable for a game like this to have such a severe glitch. I've basically wasted $20 on a broken game.

Just to be clear, I've tried redownloading the game, clearing the system's cache, etc. but nothing has worked.

So just a heads up to everyone who hasn't purchased the game yet, there's a chance you'll run into this glitch and will make the game unplayable. There doesn't appear to be any fix yet, so I and many other people are stuck here with a broken game waiting for a patch...

Discussion Info

Last updated September 22, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sheesh dont they make any games that dont have some sort of day 1 issue anymore?  Sorry to hear about that.

I also purchased it yesterday but did not run into the same problem you did. I skipped the overall tutorial because I have it on PC as well but I did do the inventory tutorial because it is different from the PC version. Maybe it has to do with you skipping it, I don't know.

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

Sheesh dont they make any games that dont have some sort of day 1 issue anymore?  Sorry to hear about that.

[/quote]This is the first time I've ever purchased a game that was literally unplayable, now I'm stuck waiting for a patch.

Only problem I've had is the game boots me out after sharing a screenshot, I never did the tutorial :s

[quote user="Black Wolf XCI"]

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

[/quote]This is the first time I've ever purchased a game that was literally unplayable, now I'm stuck waiting for a patch.

[/quote]

I had it happen 3 times last year.  Twice within the same month.   Test Drive Unlimited 2, Fallout New Vegas, and Fable 3. That was a very rough couple of months. All 3 games loaded with game ending bugs. TDU2 was by far the most buf infested, unfinished game ever released on the 360. I ended up with the game corruption that many others had and I lost 60 hours of gameplay.  Took them many many many months of patches before that game was fully playable.  So I feel your pain. 

Oh boy. Last night this exact thing happened to me late at night when I wanted to start a new world. I decided it was probably a rare one time glitch and thought it was a good sign to go to bed. I really hope it isn't going to stay broken when I try to load it up again today =(.

Once you've completely gone through a tutorial it shouldn't show up any more, so there's definitely something wrong there since you've already done all of them in the tutorial.. tutorial.

-

I'm kinda surprised that I haven't come across this. For one thing we did download the same game, and for another I'm unlucky as hell when it comes to this sort of thing lol.

-

The only thing I can think of that I MIGHT have done differently from you is download the game via this site instead of just doing it on my 360 like usual. The reason for that is that I bought it the day it came out, and as some of you probably know it was selling for -1 mspoints (basicaly the maximum point balance -1, so like a billion billion $$$) if you tried to buy it on your 360, whereas on this site it worked fine. It could be that the versions downloaded via consoles are bugged in some way, it's not much of a stretch given how badly Microsoft botched the launch.

I'm no longer experiencing this glitch anymore. I don't know what exactly fixed it, but I followed another person's workaround and for whatever reason, it worked. I would like to mention that I didn't follow it completely, I never saved my game, but something with disconnecting/reconnecting the controller fixed it after a few tries. Very odd...

I had the exact same problem. After some experimenting this is the workaround that worked for me:

1) Game is frozen in inventory.

2) Disconnect controller (I actually removed/reinserted my batteries since its faster).

3) Reconnect controller.

4) Notice that the game exited the inventory screen and is no longer frozen.

5) Save game.

6) Load game.

Hope this helps.

When I posted this workaround procedure, I should have specified that saving/re-loading my world was the only way to permanently resolve the inventory freeze bug within that same world.

Disconnecting/re-connecting the controller un-freezes the game, but doesn't prevent the game from freezing the next time the inventory is opened.

There was an update that came out last night.  Anyone know what it did?