Minecraft Xbox One world lost

I was in my world when the game started lagging, and eventually my whole xbox froze. I turned off the xbox, but the power button was blinking for about 2 minutes, so i unplugged it from the wall. I restarted and logged back in to the game and my world is gone. All my other worlds have no issues, and I can load them. Any help?

Hello Wood1YH,

I'm sad to read what happened with your Minecraft world.

I'm not sure if Minecraft worlds are saved on the cloud like other savedatas. So you can try contacting Xbox support here to see if they can recover somehow your data online : https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us

Or you can contact Mojang (Minecraft developers) to see if they can somehow help you with the issue : https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Keep us updated please!

schnurren

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Wood1YH,

Sorry to hear that. It is possible your world became corrupt and that is why it has disappeared.

Hopefully going through Microsoft Support (who is now the distributor of Minecraft) might help get your world back, give them a call or send an email.

Just to let you know also, like computers, Xbox's do better if left to try to work themselves out for a long time. Especially if you turned it off, but it was still blinking - this means it was still trying to save it's data (like your world) before it fully turned off. For Xbox's and computers, if you give them more time, it is safer for your data. Sometimes I've turned my Xbox off and it took over 10 minutes before it stopped flashing, other times just 1 minute.

Sometimes when it looks like it is doing nothing (Xbox or PC) for ages, it actually is doing an update or transferring data, and what goes wrong with a lot of peoples PC's and Xbox's is turning power off to them when they are trying to fix themselves, and thus losing data.

Of course sometimes they are really stuck and will never turn off, but I'd give them at least 10-15 minutes and even half hour. I know with some of the latest Microsoft patches, it has even taken 2 hours of the machine not saying it is doing anything while it is actually doing an Update, and if it were force turned off during that process, it would make it not work at all without a full factory reset.

Good luck, and hope you get your world back =] patience with all electronics is the safest way to go.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are playing the Minecraft that isn't the "xbox one edition" you might get lucky because some of them are saved on servers

You might also find some luck posting on some Minecraft servers

mixer.com/frankalore

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You might be lucky, that the cloud save hasn't been updated with the crashed world yet. 

In that case, try the following: 

Go to the Minecraft tile in "My Games and Apps", and press the Menu button. Choose to manage the game. 

WARNING! The following steps will delete the local save storage! If the other worlds haven't been synced with the cloud, your saves will be gone!!!

So if you are willing to take that step, clear the LOCAL save storage of your Minecraft game. 

DO NOT choose to delete the games from all consoles (i.e. the cloud storage)!!!

With the local save gone, start Minecraft. 

The console will then try to re-sync the local saves from the cloud. 

If that worked, you might have a working world from a previous save. 

To prevent such things happening in the future, consider backing up your worlds regularly with these instructions: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360034754912-Backing-up-Minecraft-worlds-

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What do you mean they may be saved on servers?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 21, 2024 Views 1,355 Applies to: