Minecraft won't play.

I bought Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (with MS points) around its release date last year and I never had any problems with it until recently.

The problem with it is that it won't start up, at all. It'll show a black screen until a message pops up saying that it can't be played and should try downloading it again. I've done this several times with no change at all. I tried deleting it, clearing system cache, restarting the system and then downloading it again but it still does the same thing.

Before this happened though nearly a week ago, it stopped loading in worlds that were created previously. I could create new worlds and play in them, but I could never load them back in at a later date. I thought some of the files were just corrupted so I deleted the ones that wouldn't load, but it kept happening with new ones.

I'm not sure what to do, so I was hoping someone had some answers?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

It's not a corrupted file. I bought it brand new on disc and it does the same thing. I guess that means we got burned.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It let me play the arcade version from the online store. I'm taking my disc back, but I don't know what ya do to get MS points refunded. Good luck man.

Sorry this didn't help.

It may be a corrupted world causing this you should take all downloads such as worlds and skin packs , dont remove the game itself off your HDD and use a usb to put them on then take the usb out and , load up the game and try again this should fix your problem.

Sorry this didn't help.