Minecraft Upgrade still not showing up after 3 days.

[Mod removed]

I spoke with support 3 days ago now about this issue and it is still not resolved.  I still do not see the minecraft upgrade for the discounted price.

During our chat she verified I have the 360 version and the upgrade should be available to me. But still 3 days have gone by and the discounted price does not show.

We have played it daily on the 360 multiple hours per day since we spoke as instructed to allow it to "sync" to the xbox one or whatever. There should be a simpler solution that doesn't require me to have my 360 turned on all day with minecraft running.  Other have said that you were able to just manually trigger it for them so they can purchase it.  Why is this issue in general still not resolved many months after being reported by so many?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm pretty sure that this offer was only available for a couple weeks after Minecraft Xbox One's launch.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That is incorrect. Why would support tell me I was able to get it if it wasn't. I will be getting it! Reading the FAQ even says the promotion will run for at least  year from the release date.

Sorry this didn't help.

The release date was on September 5, 2014. So that would mean that at this point the offer is no longer available.

Sorry this didn't help.

"When does the offer for the discounted price end?

You will be able to upgrade for a minimum of a year after the release date (September 5, 2014)."

They stated it would last at LEAST (that's what "minimum" means) a year from release date, they have made no announcement that they have ended this promotion. Since the support person told me I was eligible, I expect to still receive the discount. Otherwise that is very poor customer service.

Sorry this didn't help.

Orad Bane,

Seems like A LOT of users have had this issue despite meeting the requirements. However, per the www.xbox.com/.../minecraft-xbox-one-edition page, you should still be able to get Minecraft for $4.99 on Xbox One as long as it is still displaying on this page and you completed the process outlined (bought it on Xbox 360, downloaded the update, etc.). From a few discussions, users have contacted Microsoft Phone Support and been able to complete the purchase with phone support to receive the discounted price. If you would, please follow up with us and let us know how the phone support conversation goes so we can get confirmation on that process. Thanks in advance,

Sorry this didn't help.

So frustrating...after 45 mins on the phone and repeating the same process they had me do when I chatted with the online support, they said there was nothing else they could do and I would have to contact Mojang.  MICROSOFT BOUGHT MOJANG! Why do I have to call yet another support line?

Why can't they just manually offer me the discount!? If other people did it over the phone how did you do it!? After all the verification, Just give me the dang discount. I'm so tired of this. Or maybe get me in touch with someone who can.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also after visiting the help site for Mojang, it says right on their support page that the support contact for Minecraft Xbox One edition is support.xbox.com!  I'm not doing this again!  How would Mojang even be able to offer me the discount or "trigger" something in the Xbox system? I just don't understand the difficulty it takes to get this taken care of.

Sorry this didn't help.

Orad,

I've been trying to get a definitive answer myself. I went ahead and decided to try and get the purchase myself. My discussion with Microsoft support was that after updating I need to PLAY the game for 72 hours before it would register for the discount not just waiting 48-72 hours since you launched the game and updated. I've got my 360 running now and will continue for 72 hours straight on the Minecraft main menu so that "Minecraft is playing" on my profile. Here's a segment of that chat from yesterday:

"Jibriel: Alright, [Me] upon further investigating the issue with Minecraft , you have to play it online for a minimum of 72 hours, so our server can detect your account.
Me: Per the FAQ it said to connect so that it showed it on Live then wait 48-72 hours. I know it has been longer than a week though.
Jibriel: Upon further investigating my previous customer that have similar issue, it is proven and effective that you must play it online for more than 72 hours on your 360 console just to register your profile to our system."

After 72 hours I will let you know my results but I'm just passing along the solution that was provided to me. If you can let us know you results from this solution I'm sure we'd all greatly appreciate it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well that is kind of ridiculous...why it would take 72 hrs of playtime to register it with the system, when we've played hundreds of hours already in the past. Shouldn't that already count as registered. I guess i'm still confused. I guess I will try the same, but 72 hrs of playtime is a long time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok It seems that leaving my Xbox 360 on for 36hrs straight did something to make it work. I was able to purchase it for the 4.99 price.  After thinking about it more, it must have been a requirement to not only play minecraft for a long period of time, but make sure you were playing it on an online server, since there is also the option to play not online.  Most of the time my kids and I had played locally and not made our worlds "online" worlds.  We had always stored our worlds in the cloud storage though but I guess that was not enough.

Sorry this didn't help.