Minecraft Server disconnection

Every time i try playing a saved world a message pops up and says "Connection to server failed. Returning to main menu." and it wont let me play unless i create a new world. How do i get it to stop disconnecting me and allow me to play in the worlds i already have saved?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Unfortunately, this error is still ongoing and there is nothing that can be done until it is fixed. I'm sorry I know this is frustrating but you will just have to be patient. Keep your eye on that status.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is nothing you can do until Microsoft and the Minecraft developers fix the problem. If you look on here, it will tell you when it's fixed support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status

Xbox Ambassador.

Sorry this didn't help.

I bought my son an Xbox yesterday purely for Minecraft. Every time he crates a world and saves it - it won't reload any of the saved worlds. Says it cannot connect to server.... He can only play in tutorial mode. I have spent too much money for this not to work. Please advise

Sorry this didn't help.

There is currently an issue regarding silver members accessing the servers. The following error message is visible if you click the support tab at the top of the website and then the service alert message at the top of the screen by the Xbox logo:

Matchmaking
Users may experience difficulties with the following services:
  • Joining other Xbox LIVE members in online games
Affecting the following LIVE Platforms:
  • Xbox 360 Console

4/6/2013 10:42:36 PM PDT:

Some of our Xbox LIVE Silver members keep getting an error when they try to load a saved game in Minecraft, and that’s no good!  We’re hard at work with the game developers to nail down a fix for the problem, don’t worry.  We just want you back to mining and crafting.  Thank you for being so patient with us! We’ll have another update for you when we have more information.

They have yet to update so I assume this same issue is still occurring. I recommend you keep an eye on the support page for the time being.

Sorry this didn't help.