Minecraft save

ok so a friend and i have spent days building up our map to an epic level. but it was all saved on his xbox. so we put the game save on a flash drive hoping to move it to mine because he cant play xbox any more. when i go to move it, a pop up saying cant transfer item. this item cannot be transferred between profiles.

is there any way to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 62 Applies to:

Unfortunately not. If the game content is locked to the profile that it was created on, you can't transfer it to a different account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

In accordance to the above post, its also a protection method against content sharing and attempted achievement hacking.  If let says his saved worked on your Xbox, its possible that it would also unlock all achievements for your profile. This would result in you getting banned, as your achievements would be unlocked but with 0 work done to get them.

However, if he downloads his profile to your Xbox that save should be allowed to work, providing his account becomes the main one to play it. You will have to play as the guest account or second player, but his account will always have to be present to open that save. Now I know you said he cant play Xbox anymore, but does he have the ability to upload his save file to the cloud service and then go you your house and play his profile there + access the save?   If not a USB move of both profile and save should be ok.  It's just recommended to use cloud for saves when playing on a different console with his profile.

Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

that's what i was afraid of having to do, i just don't want all that work that we did go to waist . o well thanks for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.