Minecraft: "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again"?

I bought the game about three days after it came out and have been unable to play ever since. I've just been waiting a few weeks incase there was an update that would fix the problem but it still doesn't work. So far, I've tried re-downloading the game and cleared the cache countless times to no prevail. I've formatted the hard drive which didn't work either. So then, I tried the game using my hard drive on my brother's xbox and it still didn't work. THEN, I had my friend bring over his xbox and tried my hard drive on it and for some reason it worked. I'm becoming quite upset with it now and I'd really like a solution. I rejoined xbox live with a new profile mainly to play minecraft and once I get the game I find out it won't work. Anyways, if you've gotten this far I thank you for decoding this sizable wall of text and I appreciate any suggestions.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 74 Applies to:

Hmm, have you tried possibly re-downloading your gamertag? Sometimes an associated gamertag can prevent a game from playing properly due to it being corrupt in some form. Other than that, it may happen to be an issue with the game itself or you perhaps your 360.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah I tried that when my friend brought over his xbox and it worked with my gamertag, his console, my HDD.

At this point, I finally got it to work by uploading the game to a flashdrive, and then copying it to my brother's xbox. My brother was nice enough to let me use his xbox and have him use mine. I just downloaded my profile and played for a while. Of course, this can only be a temporary fix since I'd like to go back to my xbox at some point but for now this will work. My theory is that there is an error with the copy of the game which I purchased. Although I don't quite understand how this wouldn't be fixed after downloading the game again, it seems to be the thing that makes the most sense to me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Frog. Glad to hear you were able to get at least a temporary fix going. Have you encountered this difficulty with any other title or titles? I'd be interested to know if you are able to successfully play installed games off of your hard drive and whether Minecraft is the only one giving you issues.

Thanks in advance! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a TEMPORARY solution that worked for me.  First, my setup:

-Trail version of Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition (haven't bought full version yet).

-Xbox "Slim" with 4 GB internal memory and 4 GB flash drive.

What I did:

-Cleared cache (removed all updates).

-Launched the game.

-Did NOT take the update (Chose "Cancel").

-The game launched and played as expected.

This is obviously not a permanent solution as I'm not playing an unpatched version of the game and I don't think I can be signed in (so if I had the full version then achievements wouldn't unlock for my profile, I think) but at least starts now.

Also, I did quit and re-apply the patch and the game stopped working again so I know it's an issue with the patch and my xbox.  After clearing the cache again I was able to launch Mincecraft (trial) by choosing not to download the patch.

My plan is to wait for the next patch's release and apply it and pray it works.

Sorry this didn't help.

When i go on try to

Luanch mine it say the game has failed to start

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey HIREDGUN012! It sounds like you're having a slightly different issue, for this reason, can I have you create your own thread in this forum? Make sure to provide a detailed description of your experience, the error message you see and any steps you've already tried, this will allow us to provide you individual troubleshooting! :)

Sorry this didn't help.