Minecraft question

Please excuse this post if it is in the wrong place.  I am a mother who does not play xbox, but I was wondering if someone could tell me the follwoing, if I have a son and daughter that both have xboxes and I purchase Minecraft for the xbox (which I already have, can they both use it).  I have already purchased it for the PC so I am not interested in paying 20 plus dollars again but my daughter is now interested in it as well.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

and in order to play split-screen, two players on the same xbox and tv, the tv has to be hd. there was quite a bit of negative feedback when it first launched, but i don't think they fixed it.

If you sign in on both xboxes under the same username, you can play all the same downloaded games. You must redownload it on the second box, but there is no cost to redownload it. :)

You will have to buy Minecraft again if you want them to be able to play it on their own xboxs. However, if you press start using another controller during the game, this allows two players to play on the same screen at the same time.