Minecraft on Xbox One: Turtles and bees spawning in old biomes?

Hello all,

I have a question about turtle and bee spawning in Minecraft for Xbox One.

I started playing Minecraft on the Xbox One when the game came on a disc. I have synced  my seed to the online edition of Minecraft for the Xbox One and have gotten all of the big recent updates, such as the Better Together and Update Aquatic updates. I have also seen update notifications for the foxes and bees, but have yet to see either of these mobs.

Someone from XBL support told me a few years ago that some parts of my seed will NEVER update; for instance, coral, kelp and sea grass won't  ever grow in biomes that I had explored and mapped before the Update Aquatic. Is that true? If so, is this the case for Minecraft on PC? This is a VERY important question that I need to get an answer to. If so... why? This makes no sense to me.

For whatever reason, turtles are VERY rare in my seed. I have only ever seen them in areas I explored AFTER the update aquatic. If I plant sea grass on the coast of an area I explored BEFORE the update aquatic, will turtles ever spawn in that area, or will I only ever see them in areas I explored AFTER the Update Aquatic?

As for bees...I have essentially the same question. I spent all weekend trying to get a beehive to spawn using the "flower planted next to a birch sapling" trick and I have had no luck after hundreds of attempts. I known the spawn chance is 5 percent but I should have seen at least one drop. Nothing. Does this mean I will only ever see a beehive or be able to generate one in an area that I explore AFTER the bee update? Ditto with foxes and pandas...I have yet to see one. Does all of this happen in the PC version of Minecraft? This just doesn't  seem right. If a game adds new and updated content, you shouldn't have to explore new areas of the game to experience that content.

If you reply to this post, please provide as much detail and explanation as you can. I love the game but am extremely frustrated with how it plays on the Xbox One. Please don' be a troll and reply with a one- or two-sentence response. If you don't  know the answer or can't  be bothered to answer my questions please do us both a favor and simply don't reply. To anyone who behaves like an ado human being... thank you, in advance, for your time and help.

Hi,

So the rep was correct areas that you have explored already will not spawn later released content - it is annoying as, but it is just the way the game works. When an area is generated the first time you enter it, the content of the area is locked in at that point, and is based on a seed number that takes into account all content in the game when the seed is generated.

For me, when the bees were introduced to the game, I had to travel 5000 blocks away from my base, as I had already explored a large area of the map around it and the spawns in those explored areas were locked in.

Hope that makes sense. Not sure about the PC version of the game, but my belief is this would be the same

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

On minecraft java it is basically the samething. Any area that has been explored will not have the newer updated content. Both Java and Bedrock uses procedural generation, i.e. the world is created as you explore. Once a piece of your world has been explored everything is generated for the update you are currently playing one. Which means you would have to explore new areas to generate the new content. Normally we just restart. For some people they have to much time and effort in to restart and just have to explore and find the new mobs in the newly generated area.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the detailed answer. I appreciate your time and assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I appreciate the information you shared with me.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 224 Applies to: