Minecraft issues?

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but it seemed the fitting forum for my question.

My brother and I (RapidestVirus9, Dodadatheidiot) have bought Minecraft for the xbox and love it. However, we have more than one xbox. One for mom's, one for dad's house. We bought a second game code so that we could play at both places.

At our mom's house, the game works perfectly. It lets both of our profiles play. 

But over here, I tried to access my cloud-saved minecraft maps and it immediately put me into the trial version and refused to let me play my regular game.

At my mother's house, it had always let both of our profiles use the game. Why not here? I asked the gamestop employee and from what he said, I understood that we should both be able to play it regardless of which profile downloaded it. 

I downloaded Halo:Reach a while ago and it works the way it should on all consoles. Why not minecraft?

This is an extreme annoyance and I wish to get some help with this issue soon. It seems we've wasted our money because only one of us can play it. 

No, not one at a time, ONLY one profile. And that's my brother. He entered the code on his account in both instances, and it should let us both play regardless of who entered the code we bought. 

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

you should license transfer it you your other Xbox

Heres how.

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

bowski - They're not trying to play split screen or play at the same time together at all. Just wondering about accessing the game from both accounts.

It sounds like the issue is because you entered both codes on your brother's account instead of entering one on your own. I'm surprised it would let your brother add a second code since he already owned the game.

When you purchase content it is tied to the gamertag that purchased it as well as the console it was purchased on. The console license is what allows all profiles to access game content on the console. The gamertag that purchased the content can redownload and use the content on any console.

So if you entered both codes while using the console at your mom's, then the console license is tied to that console so both of you can use it there. But only your brother would have access on the console at your dad's house while he's signed into Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you trying to play split screen? And what kind of TV are you playing on when it doesn't work. Split screen will only work on HDTVs.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.