minecraft download does not work

I purchased minecraft on xbox live on 10 Jan. It shows up in my games but when I try to launch it the screen goes black for about 20 seconds and then it comes up with the message "The game couldn't start. Try downloading it again." I have deleted it and downloaded it several times with the same result each time. I also cleared the cache memory and downloaded again but still got the same result. Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Try recovering your gamertag and see if that helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If it's not playing, then delete and clear your cache then redownload it. If it still doesn't work then try to search the web for similar problems to see if you can find a solution that way.

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the download with it possibly being corrupted and something went wrong during the download. The fix I would suggest for this would be to delete the game itself (do not worry this will not cause any problems.)  Then do a system cache clear.  The way you do that is to follow these steps.

1) Turn on your XBOX and go to the Settings Tab on the dashboard.

2) Click on System

3) Highlight the Storage option

4) Press the 'Y' Button on the controller

5) Select "Clear System Cache"

6) Turn off your console and then turn it back on and try to redownload Minecraft and see if that solved the issue.

I will suggest just that for now. If that does not work, return to the forums and I would be glad to continue to help you with this problem until it is fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.