Minecraft content not available to other profiles

I've got two live accounts on my Xbox. One for me and one for my daughter. Any content I tend to buy through my own account and since she's using the same console it should all be there for her to use as per usage restrictions. This has been fine so far but when she was in her own profile she decided to download some trials from the minecraft store. She accidently downloaded a trial for a skin set I'd already bought. Now however she cannot access the full version of the skinset, only the trial.

I deleted the skin content from storage but the minecraft store still shows a tick at the trial pack instead of the full version. If she selects the full version she's taken to the payment screen and asked to re-buy the content. If I log on using my own profile I've still got the full version of the skin and being the buyer I can re-download it as much as I like. It seems to have locked out access for her profile as she's got the trial.

Any ideas how I can sort this so she can access the full version without having to rebuy everything on her account ?. The usage restrictions seem to support her using the content so I'm hoping it can be rectified. Looks like a bug in the minecraft store to me although obviously just a guess.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

It's more than likely an issue with her purchasing that content and it superseding your previous purchase.  If deleting the item doesn't work then I would recommend contacting phone support to see if they can remove that purchase from her history.  That should fix it up for you.

If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yep, got in touch with someone on chat and they told me once the trial content is deleted, it'll take 48-72 hours to revoke the licence. So, just need to wait a few days and all should be fine. Thanks for the reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, so much for that advice. I checked again way beyond 72 hrs and the license for the trial still holds priority over the full version being available. Any help appreciated.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ouch.  Please try phone support at the number I posted above.  Information is better communicated via voice sometimes.  Be sure to give them the reference number you received from your chat.

Sorry this didn't help.