Minecraft can not join server

My son has started getting into Minecraft so i got him it on his xbox account think it was the xbox edition.

He then wanted me to play with him (im on a pc with a different login to his on xbox) so i bought the game via windows store the windows edition.

I then had to change his xbox game to the same edition (i didnt pay for this) and every thing was working great we was in the same world building exploring together then out the blue we can not join each other no matter what we do.

I was just wandering was he on some sort of trial for the game as i didnt pay for the windows edition on his xbox or is there some thing wrong?

Thank you for any help.

Hey there, Mr Blue Playdoh

Please can you tell me what error message you get when trying to join each other?

You may need to see if there is an update for the game. To do this on Windows, please go to the Windows store > Click onto the ellipsis icon ( ... ) near your account picture > Select Downloads & Updates from the list. 

This will allow you to see any updates for any app you have downloaded on your PC/Device. 

For the Xbox, it should do this automatically. However, to check, please go to My Games and Apps.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Win & Xbox Insider

Give back to the community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I found where the update is for windows store and make sure its always update, every time we try joining each other just says some thing a long the lines of “cannot join server” or some thing like that.

its weird that it was fine before.  Do i need to buy it again for the xbox maybe? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Still no help 😔 well i hope i now can get a refund 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is the game world a regular server or a realm? I know that servers hosted on pc need to have a work around to get xbox players into the server unlike realms where it is much easier to join. If its a regular server you need to download an app on an android phone and essentially load into a mobile server and server hop onto the pc server, its a bit of a pain but there is a youtube video that shows you what to do (here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=146&v=yd5jJyAvqLk). Hope this helps you!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mr Blue

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with being able to join a world in Minecraft.

I would first have you check that you both hold an "Open" NAT type on the platform that you are using. If you can’t join or host an Xbox Live multiplayer game, or you can’t connect to a party chat session, press the Start button, select Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking and check NAT type.

On the Xbox One You can follow these steps in order for you to check this out:

1. Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select All Settings.
  4. Select Network.
  5. On the right-hand side, select Test NAT Type.

If you are not seeing an "Open" NAT type on your console, I would encourage you to take a look at Xbox One Multiplayer Solution wizard and see if some of these steps work for you.

Alternatively, if you don't have an "Open" NAT type on your console, you may want to review this article.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!

XBF Eladio M
Microsoft Agent
Xbox Forums Moderator
"Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared. – Eddie Rickenbacker." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was it in a regular server or a realm? realms you have to pay for.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To allow a child account to access apps and games online, you may check the restriction settings for Windows 10 and Xbox One at the link I've provided. I hope it's of some help Set content restrictions on Windows 10 and Xbox One

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My son has started getting into Minecraft so i got him it on his xbox account think it was the xbox edition.

He then wanted me to play with him (im on a pc with a different login to his on xbox) so i bought the game via windows store the windows edition.

I then had to change his xbox game to the same edition (i didnt pay for this) and every thing was working great we was in the same world building exploring together then out the blue we can not join each other no matter what we do.

I was just wandering was he on some sort of trial for the game as i didnt pay for the windows edition on his xbox or is there some thing wrong?

Thank you for any help.

As long as its not the xbox 1 editoin your good to go

Xbox Ambassador
16 Years Xbox Live

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the replies, yes we are on open NAT as both on the same network.

also like i said it was fine before.

we are playing on a normal server where you can just build any thing you like.

will check the age restriction now but like i said was fine before.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 161 Applies to: