Minecraft Bedrock World Crashing - Possible Rendering Distance Issue

One of my main survival world has a issue with crashing when I enter it, and I think it is due to some issue with the rendering distance feature. This issue only occurs on this specific world. What makes this crashing "glitch" stand out is that I am still able to play in-game, except there are invisible boundaries that will force crash the game if I walk into it. Everything runs perfectly until I walk into this boundary. This problem seems to only occur on this specific world including its duplicates (if I try and copy the world). The game is also fully up to date (v1.13.1).

Previously, if I had a crashing problem I would enter a different world and set the rendering distance to low and it would fix the world crashing issue, but recently even if I set the rendering distance to low, it would still crash the game. There are some differences between my old issue and this new one,

The old crashing issue included:

-when trying to load up the world, it would crash immediately or crash as the chunks were just loading in

-had a history of using shaders and texture packs, however even when removed the problem persisted

-trying to copy the world would not solve the problem, the problem persisted in every clone of the world

-crashing problem never occurred in any other worlds

-most importantly, the fix was just to load another world and lower the rendering distance. This allowed the game to load the world smoother and not crash (theory, not entirely confirmed)

The new crashing issue included:

-when trying to load up the world, it was playable within a imaginary boundary (undetectable). If the imaginary boundary was crossed, then the game would crash. This would include crossing by walking, sprinting, and even on horseback (by crossing by horseback, the horse and all the items carried by the horse would disappear after the crash).

-had a history of using shaders and texture packs, however even when removed the problem persisted (same world throughout this question fyi)

-trying to copy the world would not solve the problem, the problem persisted in every clone of the world (almost all problems mirrored from the old issue)

-crashing problem never occurred in any worlds

-most importantly, the lowering rendering distance fix did not work. Since it was still playable within an imaginary boundary before crashing, I could still access the menu from in-game. This allowed me to experiment with the rendering distance, and what I found was that the higher the rendering distance was, the faster the game crashed. If the rendering distance was set to more than about 10 chunks, the game would crash. 

Basically, this new crashing issue allowed me to play within an invisible boundary that I was unable to see. However if I was able to sneak around this boundary, it would be no more than 20 blocks until I crashed into another boundary that forced my game to crash (keep in mind that everything thing looks perfect and runs smoothly up until contact with the boundary. The boundary would never change location, so every time it crashed I was able to slowly learn where the boundaries were. This world had never had this issue until recently when the first wave of crashing happened (roughly 2 weeks ago).

My laptop isn't horrible either, it is an Asus laptop with an i5 core and an 940mx Nvidea graphics card, and it can run a few of the even more graphic demanding games.

There are a few things I have yet to test out still, such as:

-whether if the world crashes the same if imported to another computer

-whether reinstalling certain applications will solve the issue

-more testing on other worlds to see if the problem can occur on them

Possible reasons to crashing phenomenon:

-rendering distance has a flaw (most possible)

-world file is corrupt somehow (most possible)

-laptop is too old or worn down (I've had it for 3 years)

I would really appreciate if someone could direct me to a solution to this problem! Thank you!

Hi,

try contacting minecraft support on this issue as they can help you better

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 2,293 Applies to: