Minecraft bedrock wont install. Stuck at 0 of 0

I've had minecraft bedrock on xbox one since it released as I upgraded then. Recently an update for it wouldn't install. It sat at 0 of 0. One solution I was told to try was to uninstall and reinstall it.

I uninstalled it but now it wont reinstall, as it just sits at 0 of 0 forever. I've waited days and it never budges.

When trying to install from the store page I'm met with error code 0x80D03801 and I've tried all the most commonly suggested things like leaving the inside program and clearing caches as well as full restart of the console ect. This has been going on for a month or so now. 

I've had good luck following this guide from Windows Central with apps stuck in the Windows Store.  If that doesn't work, let us know, and there are some deeper troubleshooting steps we can try.
Come join us at Xbox Playdates US every Tuesday and Saturday. https://xboxplaydates.us/twitch

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm on xbox one, as per my post. Windows 10 troubleshooting doesn't really work the same unfortunately. Side note insider hub also will not reinstall. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, thought that was a reference that it was working fine on other platforms.  And just to verify, are you on an Insider system build, or Insider build of Minecraft?

If not, the next thing I'd try is fully removing your profile from the console and re-adding it after a full power cycle.  I haven't found a good solution posted for this issue, though I have seen it posted by a number of other users, so if you don't mind, there are a lot of different things we can try to really get to the root of this.

Come join us at Xbox Playdates US every Tuesday and Saturday. https://xboxplaydates.us/twitch

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm willing to try anything at this point. I was using minecraft betas through the insider program sometimes ago but haven't in a while. I'll try removing and downloading my profile tonight to see if it does the trick. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Any luck?  Past usage of the Insider builds should affect what you're trying to do.  Hope the profile trick did it for you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No it didn't do anything to help unfortunately. I've been searching a lot and there's only one case I've found of someone with this issue getting fixed and it seems that it just worked one day for them after they were able to update insider hub. Unfortunately for me insider hub seems to be having the same problem of being stuck at 0 of 0. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey i had the same issue just today

I recommend doing a soft reset

Settings > Console Info > Reset Console> Keep games and apps

That should work and it shouldn't clear any data from games

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey I assume that fixed it for you? I tried that to no avail :/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, I've just found the solution. I've experienced the same and I was so happy. Thanks to a previous situation like this it had the solution but it was told with uncertainty. What you have to do is have your xbox on sleep mode when you turn it off and make sure its disconnected from the internet while its turned off. Leave the Xbox off over night or for 2 hours. Then turn on your Xbox and sign-in. Connect your xbox back to the internet. Finally, Go to the Microsoft Store and install it. This should work, I hope it helps you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 17, 2023 Views 1,411 Applies to: