Minecraft $5 Off?

So my buddy told me to snag Minecraft today because he has it, but also because he says he saw it for $5 off and if you buy it you receive 240 MS points.  Is this true because I have looked everywhere and haven't seen anything?  Just want to make sure before I buy it that I am not missing something lol.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have not heard of this. Where did your friend buy it?

He got it online from the dashboard, about 10 minutes after it was released.  He told me this story today, but I have been checking back daily and haven't seen or heard anything.

hmm, you might want to ask your friend again what he specifically did to get the 5 dollars off. Is it possible he could just be pulling your leg in a attempt to get you to buy the game?

Who knows.  He could have been stoned lol

troll fail:</

I think Best Buy was running a deal that got shut down pretty quickly - www.joystiq.com/.../how-to-buy-minecraft-on-xbox-360-for-5-less-than-on-your-xbox-3

Another possibility is that he is with xbox rewards.  I know they just recently deposited my points.  He could have bought it and then next time he saw, boom his points where deposited.

Nah he just made the account to replace his old one.  I wanna buy it, but I am worried the updates are gonna cost more money and on top of that, the game might go on sale right after I drop the $20 bucks lol.  That was why I was cool with the $5 off.

Did he buy all the XBLA games from the Dashboard, Trials, Blood forge, Fable Heroes, Mine Craft. I think you get 240 MSP back if you buy all four games.

This is possible. I've seen the same thing for "Trials Evolution" I was at my moms and when she turned on her box I saw "Buy Trials now and get 240MS" but nothing about $5 off. Could be possible or could possibly be trolling? :)