mind not shuving kinect in my face every time i get on?

im a classic controller+shooter or rpg= im satisfied type of player. and i passed on buying  the wii because of stupid motion controls. and than xbox did the same thing. is there any way to turn off the kinect ads? i dont want to think, or see the kinect. i will never buy a kinect. i understand why ms went the way of crappy kids games (more $$$) but id like a setting to turn off kinect ads. im fine with halo or cod or gears ads though.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sounds good to me and how about some GOOD arcade games too.

@ Bashmeister - Personalised advertising would be good , although you can't blame MS for advertising and supporting their new hardware.

@ Bunionz - errrr yeah ,  see summer of arcade , lol .

[quote user="bashmeister"]

im a classic controller+shooter or rpg= im satisfied type of player. and i passed on buying  the wii because of stupid motion controls. and than xbox did the same thing. is there any way to turn off the kinect ads? i dont want to think, or see the kinect. i will never buy a kinect. i understand why ms went the way of crappy kids games (more $$$) but id like a setting to turn off kinect ads. im fine with halo or cod or gears ads though.

[/quote]

Because you represent only one segment of microsoft's userbase. There are plenty of people out there who bought a kinect and would like to see more done with it. Besides, your request is like complaining that your TV has commercials for products that you'd never use.

I'm starting to think these forums are motion controlled now.  They're  just not responsive at all no matter what hand jestures I make at them.

LMAO fotyfoe!  I LOVE MY KINNECT!  The ONLY "kid" game I have for it is the original game that came with it, "Kinnect Adventures" of which I, the oldest person in the house have the most completed . . . just saying.

I recently got 100% completion on the YOUR SHAPE fitness revolution and am now starting UFC trainer.  Fruit Ninja is a blast as is the Kinnect Fun labs aps.  Seriously dude, break out of your box . . . .

Put disc in tray turn on play from tray never have to start on the dashboard.

I love the Kinect, but I am not a huge fan of shooters. Every time I log onto live, I keep getting advertisements about new COD map packs and Gears Demos and whatnot. See how it works both ways.

I wish we could disable avatars.

IDK...I never have nor had a problem with advertisements on media devices...you get them EVERYWHERE after all...I turn on the telly and fully expect to see 4-5 adverts per any channel I go to. You cant even go onto a website without getting adverts for something silly. I am paying for a service, thereby I fully expect to be offered MORE services related to the device I am using...makes common and good business sense.

Its not the ads that kill me. its the fact that it seems now that almost every game going forward involves Kinect in some fashion. every MS press conference at a trade show is 90% Kinect these days it seems.

I don't want Kinect. I'm not buying Kinect. I just want to play regular games with my regular controller.