Military Strength Help

I'm on my second play through because I didn't get the achievement in my first play through,, what number does the military strength have to be above to get that particular achievement?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

As far as I can tell you have to play the Multi Player part of it in there as well. I've played through it and got all the available assets on single player and didn't get it. I don't play MP so I guess I wont get the achievement.

I'm at 99% for global readiness, and got 3000 last time I checked but I just finished off scanning the milky way!

Possible spoilers ahead for those who have not finished the game or reached the 'point of no return'. But just to snowball on what everyone else has said: I thought I'd expand on how this achievement is triggered.

In order to get the 'Master and Commander' Achievement you have to play up to the point where you begin the assault on the Cerberus Headquarters. A cut scene will roll where we see Shepard seated in his or her cabin and soon afterwards the achievement will pop up.

You can't acquire this achievement in any other way -- before or after -- if you haven't already reached the Effective Military Strength quota prior to this point in the story.

The same goes for acquiring Shepard's good ending where we see a gasp of breath from the Commander. So reach your allotted quota and play from this point onward (Assault on Cerberus HQ) to unlock both the Master and Commander Achievement and Shepard's good red pill ending.

I kept on trying to get the good ending and this achievement at the end run, but alas, all to no avail.

[quote user="Dsyoji"]

As far as I can tell you have to play the Multi Player part of it in there as well. I've played through it and got all the available assets on single player and didn't get it. I don't play MP so I guess I wont get the achievement.

[/quote]

Not accurate. I played only Single Player for my first play through and the only achievements I was missing by the end was "Hijack" (I know, it shouldn't have been that difficult but my sqad was too effective sometimes), the ones you get for total number of kills, reaching level 60 (or 20 in MP) and Overloading 100 Shields.  [Okay, I did't have the ones related to Insanity modes either, but those don't count for me as I'll never beat the game on Insanity... mostly because I'll never take the time to impose that level of challenge and frustration on myself.]

[quote user="bardnoir"]

Not accurate. I played only Single Player for my first play through and the only achievements I was missing by the end was "Hijack"

[/quote]

Are you absolutely sure you got Master and Commander doing only single player? The reason I ask is because the achievement requires a 4000 Effective Military Strength at the commencement of the final mission. This is mathematically impossible since the highest EMS you can get with a 50% readiness rating is around 3700.

You must have done something, because the previous poster is correct. You absolutely cannot get this achievement without raising your readiness rating somehow. Please don't misunderstand, I'm not trying to say you're lying I'm just asking if it's possible you had played some MP before getting this achievement?

I got the Achievement at a little over 3700 EMS without playing Multiplayer at all.

Then the online resources must be wrong. I had around that much and I didn't get it. I played a little MP, then re-launched the mission and that's when I got it. By that time though, my number was way over 4k, so I don't know for sure what the cutoff number was. Most sources say it's 4k, but if you got it with less, then those numbers must be wrong.

I didn't get the Master and Commander Achievement on my first game and my EMS was at 3787 at the time. I had completed everything in the game's journal prior to taking on the Cerberus Headquarters as well.

[quote user="Ghost of Kirin"]

I didn't get the Master and Commander Achievement on my first game and my EMS was at 3787 at the time. I had completed everything in the game's journal prior to taking on the Cerberus Headquarters as well.

[/quote]

How the heck did you get it that high, the most I've been able to do is just over 3600.