*mild rant* about xbox live

First post, I mostly read but felt compelled to post after one of my first xbox live experiences. Just played my first live game of MLB 2k11 against another opponent, I lost graciously, pitched in the same manner as my opponent, yet for some reason he felt compelled to send a racist message 1/2 way in the game. Please tell me that most live opponents aren't like this because I really had high hopes for online play. I'm a parent of 3 in my mid 30s and don't know many people that game so matchups like that are the way I have to go. Events like this make me want to keep my kids from playing online.

Thanks for reading, just had to get it off my chest.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You will run into them occasionally...it is by far not the whole of the community....but you can block communications from anyone who is not on your friends list and that can help prevent things like this happening...but then again I kinda chuckle everytime I get on...But dont let one person ruin your experience on XBL

Become familiar with the dashboard options on how to either report and block someone that has done this, or report or block from your gaming history.  There is a tab that shows players you have run into recently in game.

support.xbox.com/.../terms-of-use-conduct.aspx

That page will help you set up complaint and control communications.  This is part of the reason I belong to a game site for mature adults to just game and have fun on live.

just ignore him file complant and block communications ps most live comunity are friendly 

I'm not friendly, I hate everyone, I just chose to express it through the medium of being nice to people...people hate that...oh...

Don't let one person ruin the experience of Xbox Live for you, we have all ran into these players occasionally simply make them avoided player, block communications, or file an complaint. This can be done by looking at they're user profile and all the options are there.

Alot of people are like that :(

[quote user="fyerball 72"]

That page will help you set up complaint and control communications.  This is part of the reason I belong to a game site for mature adults to just game and have fun on live.

[/quote]Do as suggested here.

Unfortunately you will encounter many quantum singularity's here on XBL. But, I can say that you will also encounter many cool gamers here as well. It's hit or miss. When you encounter the bad ones do as stated above so that they can be dealt with. When you encounter good ones simply enjoy the experience and have fun.

Yeah, it was unfortunate that was my first experience, but I seem to be meeting up with some cool people since.

[quote user="Oldtimer001"]

[quote user="fyerball 72"]

[/quote]Do as suggested here.

Unfortunately you will encounter many quantum singularity's here on XBL. But, I can say that you will also encounter many cool gamers here as well. It's hit or miss. When you encounter the bad ones do as stated above so that they can be dealt with. When you encounter good ones simply enjoy the experience and have fun.

[/quote]

OT is correct, you will run into the random bad apples that do their best to ruin the experience for all.

I would also suggest checking out some of the adult gamer sites like Lousy at Gaming, Gamer Dads Live or Gaming 4 the Elderly along with a site I belong to. All of these sites will give you a wealth of friends that all have the same common goal...Have Fun!