Might Never Look At The 360 Version The Same Again

Well, I've always been a console gamer to the core, never been a huge fan of PC gaming (partially because my PC is a decade old). However, I've been allowed to borrow my friend's laptop for a few days, and his copy of Oblivion. He's got it on max settings, with all kinds of visual improvement mods (Qarl's Texture Pack 3, Natural Environments, Better Cities, some body replacers, item texture replacers), and I don't think I'll ever be able to play the 360 version again without being disappointed. Oblivion just went from "Best-looking game I'd ever seen in 2006" to "Best-looking game I've ever seen."

The 360 version of Skyrim is suddenly not sounding like such a great idea.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It depends on your personal preferences to be honest.

I like gaming on my 360 because the TV I use is a lot bigger and I much prefer sitting back on a sofa with a gamepad compared to hunched over a PC monitor with a keyboard and mouse.

Although I like gaming on my PC because of better graphics, cheaper price of games, mod support and superior controls.

Personally, I'll be getting Skyrim for the 360 on release.  Once the price has dropped (and potentially a GOTY version has been released) I'll buy the PC version.  Hopefully by then there'll be some great mods for it too!

Imagine what Skyrim is going to look like a year after release on the PC.

My TV is my monitor at the moment.. but I will admit, love the controller over the mouse keyboard set up.. at least for Oblivion. So as long as it is as easy to use the controller with Skyrim as it was to set it up for Oblivion then it'll be perfect.

But yeah, can't wait to see what the modders can do to Skyrim.

Same here.  I really hope they come up with an "Immersive Interiors" mod for Skyrim, that would be fantastic!

Yuck, I have never been a fan of playing games on a computer. I just feel more relaxed and that I have more control with a controller in my hands.

To the arguments of wanting a controller/couch, you are aware that you can plug a TV into an HDMI output slot on the back of your motherboard, and you can plug in an xbox controller in a USB port, right? I never really got that argument against PC gaming; it's by far the one that holds absolutely no weight, seeing as you can have the exact same setup with about 20 seconds of extra work.

only 20 seconds of extra work?  You underestimate our laziness:)  I can see where the pc version would be better because you can use mods etc... but honestly I am content and I will get skyrim for the 360.   There is so much content to these games that it should be months before you need to add any extra content

[quote user="o ShanKs"]

To the arguments of wanting a controller/couch, you are aware that you can plug a TV into an HDMI output slot on the back of your motherboard, and you can plug in an xbox controller in a USB port, right? I never really got that argument against PC gaming; it's by far the one that holds absolutely no weight, seeing as you can have the exact same setup with about 20 seconds of extra work.

[/quote]

True, however:

- PC's are not nearly as portable as consoles - many times larger and heavier so transporting them around the house is far from easy

- In many cases, such as mine, the home computer is not solely used for gaming and other people in the house may want to use it for work, studying, emails etc. making moving it into another room with a TV impossible

-  Whilst many games are compatible with an Xbox 360 controller, there are more that are not (and believe me on this... I've spent ages trying to get CoD4 functioning with a 360 gamepad!)

Plus if you want to have the best experience, the components for your rig are going to be fairly expensive. Well i consider it expensive anyway.

Ugh, I hate these forums. I was going to put "You underestimate our laziness." In my signature, but the GT keeps changing. I have no idea who actually said it haha