Midnight Release

I definitely went to the Midnight Release at GameStop last year to get the game and I also definitely don't remember any of it.  How will the midnight release work exactly?  I want to spend as little time there as possible.  I've already paid off the game in full.

-

Could I just arrive around midnight or maybe 10mins past it and get the game after the line's died down a bit?  EDIT: And if so, do I have to go up earlier to finalize the purchase and get a group number or can I show up for the very first time at that time shortly after midnight?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you plan on getting a group number, you have to pay in advance. I'm going to be arriving at my Gamestop at around midnight because depending on how big your gamestop is, you get your game maybe 10 minutes after someone who's been standing there since 4.

I've already paid it off in full (last week), but I don't have the group number or anything.

Just finalized my purchase and will return at 3pm for a secondary finalization for a  group number. The store manager has to arrive and be on scene before the sales associates can hand out the group numbers. Kind of silly.

I would just show up at about 15 minutes after midnight (when paid in full) and the line is gone. Walk in with reciept and get your copy and go home.

Idk about that. I only preordered through gs once and I believe you had to preorder ... go back ina and get a ticket of some sort or wait till the next day when the store opened for regular business.

thats why I've been doing WM. I've never had to wait there and have never not gotten one.

I did preorder and paid it in full, I just want to avoid waiting in line, etc.  So I'm wondering if I can just walk in 15mins later without having gotten a group number prior and pick up my copy, like Uneasy said.

^^ Yeah, you can do that Fallen. It takes 10-15 minutes to take care of the initial crowd but then it clears up and you can pick up the game by just bringing your receipt. No group number or anything. That's only if you go in earlier.

Maybe call in (about a group number or whatever) but the crowd in my local store was gone in 15 minutes.

How Black Ops 2 worked was that, after I showed up with my receipt that showed I paid in full, they gave me a group number. You still need to get your receipt validated at the actual event and, closer to midnight, they ask all the people of one group to get in line. When everybody's there, they call the other group and so on. Show your receipt, they give you your game, get out a happy man.

At BO2 I didn't get my group number until about 8pm and it's all about where you are on line at that point. It's just easier to show up at around midnight with it payed in full and wait for people who waited like 6 hours to get the game. You get yours like 10 minutes after them and only waited a half hour, sounds like a good idea to me.