Mid game play, game stops and says opening tray.

For the last few weeks, I will be in mid game, then all of a sudden the screen will go black, and the button on the front of the xbox will start flashing the way it does when you open/close the tray, then it will go to the dashboard and say opening tray. I will have to hit A, it will then say reading disc and I can start the game again. It seems to be happening more and more as time goes by. Does anyone know what is causing this and if there is a way to fix it? Please help, thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

This is typically caused by faulty sensors in your console. Sometimes playing a game for an extended amount of time can cause it to heat up and damage certain bits. You might try taking an air duster and trying to clean out in and around your disc tray as that could also be a cause. If it still is acting up, unfortunately, your console might need to be repaired. You can go about that a couple ways. You can either go through microsoft and sending it off for repair. If your console is under warranty, you wont have to pay to have it repaired but if its not, they will have a fee. For that route, this link should help you out: support.xbox.com/.../warranty-faq

The other option would be to take it to a gamestop or eb games and trade it in towards getting a new or used one. You wont get the full amount you would for a working console but youll be getting store credit for something that doesnt work that you can use towards getting something that does work. Hope you find out something that works for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i had that too

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.