Microsoft's next generation xbox won't allow use of used games!

For me this will be the end of Xbox for me. I trade in my brought new games (now used games) for a discount toward a new game. Hello Microsoft don't you read the news most Americans are in an economic slump. Your system was a escape tool but I will go back to entertaining myself the way we did before techno-frankenstein was created. The more I think about it thank-you! Users http://www.cnbc.com/id/100512698 read article.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Didn't realize MS already released the nextbox?! Man I must have been out for awhile. I feel like eating a burger for breaky.

Its amazing how many people think everything on the internet is true.

Nothing was confirmed in that article.

Erm, that link says "reports", it says nothing about fact.

Yawn.

well if it's on the Internet you know it's true :)  

From the Article:

[quote user="Article"]

So reports that Microsoft's next iteration of the Xbox won't allow the use of used games has investors nervous.

[/quote]

[quote user="Article"]

While Microsoft's not addressing the rumors and Sony has said its peace for now, GameStop isn't letting the whispers go unanswered.

[/quote]

Pffft..... Microsoft never confirmed it still and everyone's up in arms, namely Gamestop here.

I still won't be affected if this does happen anyway. So... okay.

I doubt they're insane or arrogant enough to do it at this point. Not when we know the PS4 won't.

Here's a rumor saying that it won't happen.

As for the PS4, Sony apparently said that rather or not used games get blocked depends on the publisher, not Sony themselves. So basically, I think that means that publishers can incorporate a sort of online pass, except it would be needed to play the entire game, or most of it (otherwise leaving you with only like a demo or such).

developers should just make quality games .. you don't need to be a $100 million budget game to be successful .. if they made quality games that gamers wanted to play, the used game market wouldn't be a crutch for and complain about saying it's the reason studios are closing .. it isn't.  you don't hear Gearbox screaming about used games, Activison etc.  (not that Activision makes quality games but they have a cow they milk)