Microsoft solitaire games freezing

I can play the daily games for a few days then it suddenly freezes and I can't get into any of the solitaire games.I use windows v6.3 build9600 I also have windows 8.1 installed.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

When you say it suddenly freezes, does it just hang on a loading screen? What happens from the time you launch the app?

I was playing alright when the cards just stopped moving. I had to shut down my computer then when I tried again all I get is a blue loading screen with the circle going round but nothing happens,this isn't the first time but before I somehow got back into the games. I'm so disappointed as I really enjoy doing the daily challenge.

Since I downloaded the update I haven't been able to get into the game AT ALL.  It starts load but exits back to main surface screen.  I'm on surface RT with latest windows upgrade for RT.  I don't understand why a product gets issued that hasn't been fully tested on all platforms.  Please reissue so I can resume playing. Thanks!

@gayleej  It has been tested on all platforms but of course it would be impossible for us to duplicate every person's tablet with all the settings, programs, etc. that a person has on it as tablets are now very customizable. Have you tried uninstalling the app, clearing your store cache, and then reinstalling the app?

@LegionCrayon4 Have you tried clearing the Store cache and then checking for updates? You may have an update that is "stuck"  Let me know!

The program worked after I started the computer again. I wanted to make sure it woked before I reported back--haven't been on the computer for a few days.  However, I am experiencing the loss of double tap others have reported.

I don't know how to clear the store cache--please tell me how.

Thank you for your support!

To clear the store cache, press the Windows Key + R.  In the box, type wsreset.exe and then Enter.

This will relaunch the store. Just to make sure any updates are pushed through, go to Settings and App Updates, then press Check for Updates even though on Windows 8.1 it won't ever show any updates.