microsoft sells movies they cant provide

Never buying from MS again. lost this Prometheus and had my money stolen.  [MOD REMOVED].

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Im sorry for the inconvenience you had with a purchase. If you cant play the movie you rented or purchased, please feel free searching the Xbox Support Website for resolving your issue. If the website doesn't solve your issue, consider using the following link for support. support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would like clarification on the movie purchase option though.  I have now bought a lot of HD films as I am building up my digital HD collection.  I actually have over 100 now!

Last night I attempted to watch Star Trek and found it was no longer in my collection on Xbox One.  When I searched for the film I could see that it was only available for rent currently.  This made me wonder if the digital rights had changed??

My question is: "I owned the film in HD & had paid £14.99 for said privledge... any change to the availability of this film should not affect me?"  

I have contacted support and received a refund, which is well and good, but I don't want the money... I want the film!

I decided to use the money to purchase "Star Trek: Xbox Smartglass" which strangely is available to purchase in HD and for the same amount.  

My only fear now is that at any time, any one of my films could simply vanish.  As your collection grows, this also becomes more difficult to notice!

What is the current situation?

Surely this should be similar to how XBLA titles work?  Even if they get pulled from the marketplace completely you can still download them if they are in your purchase history!

Sorry this didn't help.

This is the main reason I stopped purchasing Movies & TV Shows from Xbox Video. At least on the 360 you could download them. It even says in the fine print that you should download by a certain date as it could be removed from the marketplace.

There are a few movies I own and downloaded, but are no longer in purchase history. So if I were to delete it from my 360, I wouldn't be able to watch at all. Really strange business practice. I can understand this for rentals, but what other video purchase site removes content paid for? Only Xbox Video...

Sorry this didn't help.