Microsoft points

Hi Guys

Hope someone can help. Trying to download BO2 Season pass but my xbox hates me.  I had some existing points, added some from a christmas gift, then used card payment to pay for the remaining points needed.  My xbox account says my current balance of points is 3630 but my new balance is 4130 (which is confusing in itself? What do I have 3630 or 4130??) anyhow, 4000 should be enough to buy the season pass. I've checked email, payment appears to have gone through fine so the points are purchased and showing up - but when I try to confirm the purchase it tells me I don't have enough points. Am I being dense and missing something really obvious?

Thanks in advance for enlightenment!

Fanny x

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Thanks for coming back to me guys, appreciated. Ok have checked the suggested billing site, account stands at 3630 points and the transaction looks like it went through ok (both the card payment and the gift points)  I had some remaining points from a previous purchase so added the 500 points to top up enough to get me to over 4000 required for BO2 season pass, sorry I didn't make it clearer on my earlier post :)  

When I go to the 'add microsoft points' screen via my console, it says

" Current balance: 3630"

and under that it says

"New balance 4130"  

(Which is what I expected it to be.  But for some reason, the 4130 doesn't appear to be registering anywhere other than where it says 'New Balance' and I'm unable to download the season pass.  It's most perplexing!  

Thank you for the support phone number, I'll give them a buzz in the morning and see if someone there can shed some light on it. (I'm unwilling to purchase more points just incase something is going pear shaped - for a start I don't understand why I've got the two balances of 'current' and 'new' it's surely one or the other - else it's all just unbalanced lol!

Fanny x

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

lets get this thread back on topic tho.... what else can this customer do, or can we do for them... any suggestions? im pretty much out. :-/

Sorry this didn't help.

nah, just noticing a trend. errors abound at the moment. gotta wait on the engineers to get us squared away pretty much. patience, discipline... they are a virtue.

Sorry this didn't help.

^ Momentary issues occur in all walks of life. With all you've said above I wouldn't be surprised if you thought the world was going to end on December 21st :).

Sorry this didn't help.

lol Hassassin... I think you may indeed be missing something my friend. Have you looked around? As much as I hate to say it... Rome is burning. XBL is having major problems... from the sites being down and or intermittently inacessible, to the cloud being down, to spotty account access to even our own Ambassabank chat & bots not functioning properly, things are somewhat chaotic. It's pretty hard to make sense of the world when its standing on its head. I myself am experiencing quite a few issues preventing me from making use of my XBOX and from even being able to assist our fellow gamers via the Ambassador chats.

Also, dont forget that MSP also come in the form of rebates, rewards, and promotional offers. One example is that XBL rewards gives their points in increments of 100, as does Bing Rewards... just a couple of potential explanations.

IMHO, this individual will most likely need Tier 3 support on this issue... just my diagnosis tho, bro. Ive had this issue before, actually... and unfortunately thats what it took for me to get squared away too. Hopefully it wont have to reach that level of support, but you never know.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

When you login to the Microsoft billing site here, on the top you should see how many points you actually have in your account balance. On that site you will also see Microsoft Points transactions (points that have been added, as well as points spent and what content was purchased with those points).

Please take a look at the above site before contacting phone support to see if your purchase for points actually went through or not. I do know that in very limited circumstances they can take upwards of 24 hours to add to your account (they inform you about this actually happening when you pay for the points on Xbox.com or on your console).

I'm also failing to see how your current balance is 3,630 and then you're seeing a new balance of 4,130.. The lowest amount of points you can purchase is 400 on Xbox.com or on the console. Even when adding the lowest amount the numbers don't add up 3,630 + 400 = 4,030, not 4,130. So if you did indeed purchase 400 that would be how many you have, unless I'm totally missing something here.

Sorry this didn't help.

There seems to be a bit of a glitch here, from what I can tell... to be honest with you, I believe your best bet would be to contact your local support center at 0800 587 1102 and ask them to have a look at what is going on on your account. Unfortunately as an Ambassador I am not an MS employee and lack access to the system that full on MS Customer Service Agents use to look into such matters. Please do look into it though with the help of an official agent. They should be able to resolve this fairly quickly for you, I believe. You've been billed for the points and should thus be able to use them as you please. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.