Microsoft Points Transfer Question

So my remaining 320 Microsoft points were transferred to $4.00 USD into my Microsoft account after tonight's update.  However when I try to purchase something now, I apparently can't apply that $4.00 towards something that say is $9.99.  It only allows me to pay the full $9.99 with my Credit Card and does not allow me to just apply the $4.00 and pay the difference.  There also is no option to just add more money to my Microsoft account (besides redeeming a code).  So is it like that $4.00 I can only use for something $4.00 or less???  I'm really frustrated by this...I don't purchase Microsoft points or currency cards I just use my credit card all the time so I'm basically forced into searching drastically for something $4.00...  Can someone please elaborate on this for me because I am very frustrated by this...I don't understand why Microsoft can't be more like Nintendo's E-shop where you add the exact amount remaining to pay for your purchase.  Please someone help me with this...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

i can not have ma microsoft point op xbox one just op xbox 360 help pls :( i am from belguim en ma xbox one is op french i dont now ?????? pls

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey DaSniper2, are you trying to purchase on a computer or on your Xbox? I have not had the split payment work on my computer but it did prompt me on the Xbox, asking if I wanted to apply my balance and charge the rest to my card. If you are on the computer, try on the Xbox when you can and let me know if this fixes the issue. Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote]

Can I split payment between my local currency and a credit card?

Yes, when your local currency balance is not sufficient to pay for the content, you can charge the remainder to your credit card.

[/quote]

I found this here: support.xbox.com/.../microsoft-points-retire-faq

So...how come I am not able to do that...because THAT'S what I'm wanting to do...

Sorry this didn't help.