Microsoft points purchase problem

im getting more aggrivated every time i try this. everytime i try to purchase points its says that the payment option is unauthorized and that i need a new payment option.ive called my bank and everything is fine on their end and also i cant even add my card on to my account both through xbox and the computer. i called xbox support and they added the card for me but i cant purchase any points on it. it gives me the same message. i keep waiting for hours even days/weeks at a time to retry but nothing works. someone help please because xbox is continuing to dissapoint me alot

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

i have the same problem but it says Can't authorize the selected payment option. Please select a different payment option or add a new one.  

right now ,it's been a week i cant do any thing but every on saying call support they will finish you suffering  i am trying  right now to fined away out of this problem

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hey there bar assassin,  no one is trying to stress you out with this,   if you are getting that error then there's something blocking the purchase from going through,  xbox WANTS your money so it HAS to be a block or mismatch of somesorts with your bank,  could always try prepaid subscription or points card if you can't get the cc to work.

Sorry this didn't help.

Me and a friend of mine is also having the same problem. I´ve been trying with diffrent cards and all, nothing works... It´s been going on for maybe 3 weeks now... And everytime we try to buy points or a game, it deducts about €1 from the bankaccount. It have cost me like €20 so far to try to buy points... oh, and also. the cards work great to shop online at other sites. It´s only when i try to buy something here at xbox the problem occurs.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am getting the exact same problem for me its so god damn aggravating :-( have had no problems for years now this crap Ive been sitting all day on my only day off trying everything and cant get any cards to work :/

Sorry this didn't help.

same issue here.  funny thing is it allowed me to purchase xbox live gold then nothing after that.  never had so much trouble giving my money away after giving my money away.  *sigh*

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys! If you are having trouble purchasing something on Xbox LIVE, please check out our Purchasing Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../153167.aspx) and try the steps there. If you continue having issues, please create a new thread in this forum detailing your issue, and be sure to include the information requested in the guide. We'll be happy to help you there, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Having the same crap here too.

Xbox is turning to crap, gets worse every day, happy crapade Xbox Offline.

-TheJackah; Xbox & Windows Insider. Xbox Ambassador. Web Developer & Designer.

Sorry this didn't help.