Microsoft points change buggered up

Hey, since Microsoft had the simply genius idea of scrapping points for your local currency (something they should have done a long time ago) I can't help thinking they've buggered it up. I've converted my points into pounds, which is great, the one problem is it won't let me buy anything with them, it's saying I have to connect a credit card, which is not going to happen. What's the point of still being able to buy gift cards if they crappy system won't even let you use them?! 

Is there a way around this or will it take some time for Microsoft to realise they've messed up?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi there dorman96,

Are you trying to buy content via the Xbox.com marketplace or on your console?  I'm pretty sure the website hasn't been updated yet to accept money already on your balance.  To purchase using your balance you need to use the marketplace via your console.

Does your account balance have enough funds to purchase the content you want to buy?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Seeing as the update was just last week

Are you trying to buy your games on the website or the console

if you are trying to buy via the website then no seeing as the websitr hasnt been updated and you can only use a payment method for now

in order to use the new currency you must buy via the console

Sorry this didn't help.

When you are making a purchase your billing account needs to be in a supported country, and you do need to use an Xbox 360 console, but they are working to make this available without an Xbox console. You’ll still be able to use payment options other than Microsoft Points, including credit cards but they are not required. .

Sorry this didn't help.