Microsoft, please remove Xbox Ambassadors from the "Contact Us" page, it's pointless!

Pointless due to the fact that Xbox Ambassadors can only do recommendations and suggestions, nothing about fixing a user's account or whatever issue.

-

Please, many people are counting on the service and then when it's a serious matter they get extremely disappointed that they have been talking to someone who is unable to help them, instead re-directing to Xbox Support. This is unfair for the customers, Microsoft.

-

Microsoft/Xbox probably knows so but continues to keep Xbox Ambassadors link on the Contact Us page for whatever useless reason.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I agree with the suggestion but posting it in the Ambassador section of the forum would increase the chance of the people behind the Ambassador Program seeing it.

I feel bad for the people who I talked to and couldn't help them at all, as if I had my hands tied to my back and without the strength to fight.

-

I'm a suspended Xbox Ambassador which currently I have no idea why, but I'm leaving the program for this reason. I can't support something like this.

Sounds to me like you are just upset.

When you go to the contact page here  it is very easy to tell the difference. "community support" and "Microsoft support". Community support even says "connect with xbox customers like you who know their stuff". Did you really expect them to help with serious account issues?

It's not really rocket science in all fairness. I mean it even makes you acknowledge  the fact that ambassadors can't help with billing issues before you start a chat on ambassabank. I have helped plenty of people that were happy. 

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I'm not upset, I've talked to people that had their accounts locked, Xbox 360s with hardware issues, and much more, are Xbox Ambassadors capable of helping out these people? No.

-

You think I'm the one upset? Those who are seeking for help are the ones actually upset, and in a way I am yes, because XA aren't real Microsoft members or neither qualified (since there isn't a way to fix their problematic issues).

-

It's really as if I have my hands tied to my back without the strength to fight back.

There are many problems that regular gamers like you and me can help resolve.

-

Are you aware that "phone support" sends people back to the forums when they can't help. How messed up is that?

-

I know people like to (not pointing at you PhilMarck) cry about ambassadors and rate their posts down just because they are ambassadors. People like that are just sad man. They have an imaginary grudge. They only like to give out about it because it's the cool thing to do. It's like complaining about CoD.

-

Go to the ambassador leaderboard someday. The guy at the top (regular ambassador) blows support out of the water with his knowledge. Read his answers in the support forums. There is a lot that ambassadors can help with.

-

On a side note, I do get a good laugh, when I see people crying about ambassadors.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

As a first-wave Ambassador, I wish more people would contact me.

Everyday I find solutions and if not I just point them in the right direction which most people respect and don't get mad over, I love the program and love helping people whenever and however I can.

[quote user="PhilMarck"]

Pointless due to the fact that Xbox Ambassadors can only do recommendations and suggestions, nothing about fixing a user's account or whatever issue.

-

Please, many people are counting on the service and then when it's a serious matter they get extremely disappointed that they have been talking to someone who is unable to help them, instead re-directing to Xbox Support. This is unfair for the customers, Microsoft.

[/quote]

You're in luck.

The main page of XBox.com is highlighting the fact that they are giving Ambassadors Free Microsoft Points and Avatar Awards for being helpful again.

There are some great Ambassadors out there but far too many are part of the program just to have an extra icon next to their Gamertag on the Forums and "feel" special about themselves.

But when MS has reward drives like this even the most prolific forum tolls will drop tools and nearly crack their heads open against each other as they scramble to give you actual help and assistance and get that all important "best solution" acknowledgement which = £$£$£$£ for them.

Enjoy the help while the offer is on.

Az

I'm interested in why you click on ambassadors anyway?...always go for the support team. Most the time asking an Ambassador is no different than asking billybob on your friendslist...^^ well said Azrael...summed it up pretty much.

Sounds to me that the gamer who posted this discussion didn't get a good enough ambassador and also the ambassador program is not pointless as it is a really good idea and if you have a problem with the ambassadors part of contact us page then contact microsoft and tell them not make a fool of yourself on the forums and I am not trying to be rude or mean to you but Xbox don't get a lot of time to reply to all your emails and messages you send as they are quite busy trying to give gamer's a fantastic gaming experience with Xbox and that is why they have created Xbox Ambassadors so that they can give you answers 24 hours a day to any problems you have because they can help you and also they can give you Xbox Customer Support Numbers for the UK and the US so please don't post pointless forum posts about Xbox's website when there is a point for it so your the one having a pointless forum post.