Microsoft Minesweeper for Windows 10 Xbox Account Issue

Hi, I'd like to get help for a problem that I'm having. I hope I've posted to the correct sub-forum.

I recently got Microsoft Minesweeper from the Windows Store on Windows 10. The problem I've got is that Minesweeper is logging all my daily challenges and achievements to the Xbox account that got automatically generated for my Microsoft Account. The thing is, I created an Xbox account long before a made a Microsoft account, to which I have assigned all my Xbox 360 games, achievements, etc. I would like to have Minesweeper log all my game progress to my original Xbox account, not to this new one, which I didn't even want created (and which gave me a bizarre account name without even asking me).

How do I switch Xbox accounts in Minesweeper?

I've checked the (rather lackluster) settings menu in Minesweeper, but it didn't allow me to do that. Right-clicking on the two highlight-able parts of the little widget displaying the wrong Xbox account name didn't do anything either. Left-clicking on both parts just opens the Xbox hub program, which is already linked to the correct Xbox account, and tells me that I have no achievements or game progress in Minesweeper.

The weirdest thing about the problem is that Microsoft Solitaire Collection logged into the correct Xbox account, while Minesweeper did not, regardless of how similar of a main hub these programs have.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Sorry for double-posting, but I just tried Microsoft Mahjong, only to discover that it suffers from the same issue as the one that Minesweeper has. I would really like to play these classic Microsoft games, but I do not want to have my progress split between two accounts. What should I do?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

https://forums.xbox.com/pt-BR/thread/82a10e46-85ae-4b49-82cf-1bfabcac552d?page=1

same problem here, the app always login to the main account, the "solution" is to NOT have a main account, instead, have a local account (your computer wont be synced anymore) but the every single app will ask you which account you want to use, but this is a bad solution, as now the computer is not synced...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.