Microsoft Minesweeper always crashes

Hey guys, 

Just here the form from the support . I hope, that here are enough informations in it to solve my problem.

What version & build of Windows are you running?
MS Windows Version 6.3 (Build 9600)
(Windows 8.1)

What is the make (who made it) & model (if you know it) of the device or devices you are using?
Dell Vostro 2520

About how long ago did you start having this problem?
since the release of Windows 8.1

Have you noticed this problem happening on any other games?
yes, MS Solitaire Collectoin does the same thing

Describe your problem. Please explain what happens from the time you launch the game until the problem happens.
When I start the app, then about 2 or 3 seconds later in the colourful screen it crashes and minimze automatically.
Everytime, I try it again at anytime it does it again

Please post any other details or notes about your problem here:
The first time, that problem came as I updated MS Windows 8 to MS Windows 8.1.
My Notebook has the IntelHD3000 GPU in it. But I don't think, that this coud be the source of the problem.

Greets

Stefan Ton

Discussion Info

Last updated August 11, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Thanks for your report! There have been a couple updates to the game that should help with this, can you please run Windows Update and install any available updates there?

this same exact thing has been happening to me as well and I have gone into windows update and there are no available updates. the only time it works is immediately after I uninstall the application (both solitaire and minesweeper) and reinstall them. after that, it gets to the color loading screen and minimizes itself.

Hi RogueGambit!

Can you give some more details on your system (OS, model, etc.) so we can try and narrow this down?