Microsoft Mahjong and Jigsaw log into generic account, but Microsoft Solitaire logs into Xbox account fine

I'm on Windows 10 on a home network, so my user account has an email associated with it. When I first logged in after installing Windows 10, it created a generic Microsoft account for my email address. I already have an Xbox Live account. I was able to swap the Microsoft Solitaire suite over to my Xbox account, but all of the achievements & progress I make on Microsoft Jigsaw and Microsoft Mahjong are being associated with the original generic account. The Solitaire suite all seems to log my achievements to my Xbox account just fine. When I click on my user icon within Jigsaw or Mahjong, it opens up the Xbox Live app as my Xbox user, even though the app is displaying the generic account... There doesn't appear to be able way to swap those two apps over to my Xbox account from the settings screen. How do I swap them to the Xbox account instead of my generic account?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

Done! I included a link to this thread in the submission for easy reference. Hopefully they can figure out a solution... I've been holding off doing much with Jigsaw and Mahjong this month because I figure I'll lose all my achievements progress once the issue is figured out and they're linked to the right account :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey LuanaNeko,

Sorry none of those worked for you. In that case, can you submit feedback using the Xbox (beta) app about this issue and we'll investigate further? Feedback will be under the menu in the top left of the Xbox app. Just provide a basic description of the issue and I can include what you've posted here when the developers investigate :) .

Thanks!

~Hammer

Sorry this didn't help.

The Store for Windows 10 app shows me logged in as my Xbox Live account as well. I tried installing the Xbox beta, which auto logged into my Xbox Live account. However, when I open Jigsaw or Mahjong it's still opening under the generic account...

I saw another post mentioning a user being able to force the games to the correct user by uninstalling and reinstalling them after removing registry keys associated with the generic account, but that was for Windows 8. Windows 10 doesn't seem to store registry keys for these games, nor can I find a way to uninstall the apps. They don't even show up on the uninstall programs list.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey LuanaNeko,

The fact that your Xbox app signs in with your generic account first could definitely cause this issue. I'd double check which account is present when you open the Store for Windows 10. You should be able to designate which Microsoft account you are signed in with on Windows 10, and that may help to resolve this issue.

You could also try the Xbox (beta) app, which you can download from the Store, and that may help to reset which account is being signed in when you launch the app.

Please let us know if that helps!

~Hammer

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure if it helps but... I notice when I sign into the Xbox app on Windows 10 it always logs me in first with the generic account. After logging in it gives me the option to sign in on a different account, which I do and sign into the Xbox Live account. Is it a problem that it doesn't even give me the option to log into the Xbox Live account first?

Sorry this didn't help.