Microsoft Jigsaw: A helpful FAQ and troubleshooting guide

Hello out there fellow Microsoft Jigsaw players!

This FAQ and troubleshooting guide will help you on your way to becoming a Jigsaw master as well as lend a hand if you're running into any troubles along the way.

Q: What are some of the features of Microsoft Jigsaw?

A: Classic Jigsaw

Play a wide variety of traditional jigsaw puzzles in Classic Jigsaw mode. Microsoft Jigsaw includes tons of themes and puzzle images to choose from, and you can select the number of pieces in the puzzle to make it easier or more difficult. You can zoom, automatically arrange pieces, and use special in-game trays to help sort pieces. If you enjoy real jigsaw puzzles, Microsoft Jigsaw is the best PC and tablet classic jigsaw experience you'll find!

Jigsaw Jam

Jigsaw Jam is a fun upbeat new game mode that's excellent for beginners and experts alike! Place pieces one at a time while the timer ticks away - find the right fit for each piece quickly to earn bonus multipliers and get a high score! Jigsaw Jam is very easy to play, but will be challenging to master.

Custom Puzzles

Why not turn your favorite memory or funniest photo into a jigsaw puzzle? With Microsoft Jigsaw, you can import your own photos from your device or camera to use in your puzzles! You can even export your custom puzzles and share them with your family and friends.

Daily Challenges

The same Daily Challenge experience you know and love from our other Microsoft games comes to Microsoft Jigsaw! Players receive new challenges each day, including fresh Jigsaw variants and new game modes. Complete enough Daily Challenges in a month to earn badges and complete with your friends.

Xbox Live Integration

Sign in with your Microsoft account to earn achievements, compete with your friends on the leaderboards, and track your personal gameplay statistics. If you sign in with a Microsoft account, your progress is stored in the cloud so you can play the game on any device without missing a beat!

Q: Do I need to be connected to the internet or online to play?

A: If you're planning to be in an area with no online coverage, such as a plane ride or a road trip, you can prepare you Windows 10 device by placing it into offline mode. Visit the Play games on Windows 10 using Offline mode page for more information and steps to assist.

Keep in mind that if you play offline, some features will not be available. Such as leaderboards and the ability to purchase content. If you earn any Achievements while playing offline, they will sync to your account the next time you sign in online to your Xbox Live account on your device. You game save progress will also sync when you sign in to Xbox Live as well.

Q: When I launch the game, I can't sign into Xbox Live. Does this matter?

A: The short answer is yes. This prevents you from accessing your achievements, game progress and other game data saved in the cloud. If you can't sign in, you won't be able to save your progress or achievements. If you're having issues connecting to Xbox Live, see our Connecting to Xbox Live from a PC guide for troubleshooting steps.

Q: I'm having issues with Microsoft Jigsaw crashing or freezing what can I do?

A: Crashing or freezing issues can happen for many different reasons, but for the best troubleshooting steps you'll want to take a look at our Troubleshooting performance and stability problems in PC games guide for more steps.

Q: I'm having other problems playing Microsoft Jigsaw. How can I fix it?

A: If you're having problems with Microsoft Jigsaw other than game crashing, freezing or the inability to complete a daily challenge. Please try the troubleshooting steps on our full FAQ guide for some steps to try before creating a new post in the support section of Microsoft Jigsaw on the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

We hope this FAQ/Troubleshooting guide was helpful in getting your issue resolved or your question answered. If you're having any support related issue, please feel free to create a new post in the support section of the Microsoft Jigsaw forums.

For any other questions, make sure to post them in the Discussion section of the Microsoft Jigsaw forums for the best help from the community at large!

Question Info

Last updated November 10, 2019 Views 3,329 Applies to: