Microsoft is focusing to much on Kinect

I believe Microsoft is focusing way to much on Kinect rather than the majority of Xbox 360 users that don't have Kinect. Discuss.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

thats why they are focusing on it, they want you to feel inclined to buy more xbox products.

Agreed but I also believe too many people complain about exclusives.

Of course people complain about exclusives. That is the singular, one and only reason many people decided to buy a 360 over a PS3. Microsoft used to have an impressive line up of exclusive titles, and Sony had none. But as it stands now, people are starting to feel like idiots for choosing Microsoft over Sony. It's fine if Microsoft wants to hype Kinect and give it a lot of support. But that is absolutely no reason to forget about the people who put them where they are. Not providing good exclusives as incentive to keep the hardcore gamers on this platform is a completely ignorant business decision made by people who lack intelligence, and apparently don't like money.

Exclusives are marketing tools. The thing I do not get is as an entrenched xbox 360 gamer why should I care about exclusives when there are plenty of good games for me to play.

And I do not feel like an idiot for choosing MS over Sony and will not move to PS3 just to play their exclusives.

I do not know why so many people are hung up on exclusives.

Yeah, there are plenty of great games to play. These great games you speak of, can also be played on the PS3. So why even waste your money on an xbox if you can play everything it has to offer plus more on a different console? I've spent several hundred dollars across multiple consoles on 360's. If Microsoft doesn't give me something that I couldn't just stick in my PS3, then that is money I wasted. I won't make that mistake again.

I bought a 360 on launch and am very happy with my purchase so still can see no added value for me from a PS3. I see no need to jump ship and do not feel I am missing anything.

Well then, speak for yourself. I'm speaking for the community. I'm currently on 360 #4 in as many years. The first 3 stopped working for various reasons. So let's say this 360 takes a crap on me, which is highly likely. I still want to play games. Should I go out and spend hundreds of dollars 360 #5? Or should I simply play every great game that comes out on the console currently sitting next to my 360? I'm not one to miss out on awesome games because of some pathetic brand loyalty. If the 360 had anything worthwhile, I would get an other one if I had too. But as it stands now, there is absolutely no reason to do so.

Oh and by the way, you are missing many things. Uncharted, Killzone, Infamous, top the vast majority of multiplat games in their respective genres.

Op you do not speak for me. You speaking for yourself as well. I like the KINECT. But I do not alway have money to get games. If I had. I would buy more KINECT game. There one KINECT game that like get this SUMMER. And that is FRUIT NINJA KINECT.  Heck if i had WINDWOS PHONE 7. I would dl that version as well. The truth is. You do not speak for yourself. Unless other back you up.

I don't get what people are complaining about, this year I can let MS slide without giving us new 1st party non kinect titles. There are so many great games that will keep us busy this year and they probably thought that as well, so they decided to show more support for the kinect library.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360