Microsoft Giving Away Free Xbox 360s with PC Purchases

As if student needed more distractions from studying, Microsoft will begin offering free Xbox 360s with the purchase of a Windows 7 computer.

Starting May 22, if a student or their parent picks up a Windows 7 PC priced at $699 or more, they will be treated with a 4GB Xbox 360, free of charge. Participating retailers will be looking for valid student identification to complete the transaction, so those with a fake ID need not apply. Otherwise, you can pick up the combination online at retailers like Dell.com, HP.com or the Microsoft Store, as long as you have a valid .edu e-mail address.

The end-date for getting a free Xbox 360 varies by retailer, so be sure to check before purchasing. For more details about Microsoft's back to school program, check out Windows.com/FreeXbox.

[ source ]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

awesome, good news. im thinking of getting a new laptop for school next year since mine current laptop has almost 50 viruses on it right now i was thinking of getting an HP or an alienware through dell.com thanks foty foe

It's a limited time offer.  Not sure how long it lasts.

It's a shame I just got a new laptop last year.

US only

Umm... What type of students? I'm only in High School and have a School ID... Does that count?

probably shifting excess stock before announcing a new console at E3

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

Umm... What type of students? I'm only in High School and have a School ID... Does that count?

[/quote]

Post secondary unless your school is on the registered list of schools and hands out edu addresses.

"If you have a .edu email address you can purchase your new PC through one of our participating retailers"

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/windowsexperience/archive/2011/05/12/students-we-ve-got-you-covered.aspx

Cool.

good offer.

Wow, Ms is just handing out their Xbox's these days...I got a laptop  already and it's fairly recent so Im good though.