Microsoft Account Money help

Hello, I was wondering if there was any way to fix a problem i have recently encountered on my xbox. I don't play xbox much ever and when my xbox live gold ran out a few months ago, i was in no hurry to renew. I did watch netflix quite often, however, which was one of the reasons why i would want to buy xbox live gold again. For christmas, i got a $15 Microsoft card, and put it in my account to use towards the $59.99 xbox gold subscription. Then i went to gamestop and bought two more $15 cards and a $25 card, and put it all in my account, giving me $70.00 total. My xbox won't let me use this $70 to get the xbox gold, which is the only reason i bought the cards in the first place. How can i possibly get my money back in exchange for xbox live gold? I would really appreciate any help I can get, and I'd really like my $70 back because right now it's useless. Also, i find it to be completely ridiculous that i can't use this money to buy xbox gold, because $59.99 is $59.99 either way, it shouldn't matter how it gets on my xbox, i should be able to use it and since i can't, it's extremely frustrating. All i want is xbox gold haha anyway, thanks for any help i can get

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Currency can only be used to purchase content in the marketplace, not a gold subscription. Gold can only be purchased by using a credit card/paypal or by purchasing a prepaid gold card. The currency system is not set up to work with a recurring subscription.

Once you redeem the cards there is no way to exchange them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.