Metro 2033 Quick Question

Is Metro 2033 an RPG I can run around and explore like Fallout?

I was on gamestop.com and I seen it was really cheap and I never played it and I heard good things about. Ya, I know I could go watch youtube videos but I don't want to spoil any parts of the game for myself LOL

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's a linear shooter. There is a lot of stuff to occupy yourself with though. It is also very long. Awesome game, can't wait for the second. It has great atmosphere.

Ok, thanks for the input. Is the story longer than dead space 2? I'm trying to get an estimation of how long it will take.

It was really long when I played it on the hard difficulty.

I wouldn't classify it as an RPG, but it's a post apocalyptic war setting like Fallout. Regardless, you should play it. Not enough people played this game. The story in Metro is interesting, and like Isaac said, the atmosphere is the star of the show. So, if you like story driven games, this is for you.

its not an RPG. it is a good FPS. i love the setting of the game.

I still need to check this one out..

It is one of the best shooters on the 360 imo. It came out the same night as God of War 3. I went to the midnight launch and there were like 30 people there. They all got GoW and when I asked for this, they were all like, rofl.

Anyway, it was overlooked, but it is awesome.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Its a fairly linear FPS, theres a little exploration but dont let that put you off, its an outstanding game, the world and atmosphere is amazing and its well worth a few playthroughs. Think my first playthrough was around 7-8 hours, one of my fav 360 titles.

its one of the deepest FPS' I've played the setting is great the enviorments are very clever (watch out for broken glass and trip wires) I could be wrong but I read that it relates to the Night watch books and films (Sergi Lukyanenko may have had something to do with the story) well worth it.

I finally got a chance to pick it up and I'm finding it enjoyable. I haven't gotten far I'm at the part where I'm traveling with bourbon and we just killed some bandits. I hope I get some more time tonight to continue. (I have to write a paper)