Metal Gear Solid: Rising

I haven't seen anything new on the game in about a year.  Gamestop told me earlier that release is supposed to be about this time next year.  I would rather them not rush the game and take their time, but still can't wait for this one.  I like mechanic for slicing angles, here's a short clip demonstrating the technique. 

I like that Raiden's body position and stance changes in relation to the selected attack angle.  I like that attention to detail. 

http://www.youtube.com/embed/0YvWSzOw8tU

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is due to release Feb someting they are most likely working on re mastering that before announcing information on MGS:Rising.

[quote user="Disco Penguins"]

I think moving on from Snake is a nice move. Sure, it won't feel very "Metal Gear" without him, but some times it's nice to change the feel and pace of something by giving it a new character. Resistance did this recently by knocking off Nathan Hale and introducing a new hero, and personally, I think it was a great move for the series.

Really looking forward to Rising here.

[/quote]

I agree it will be nice to move on especially to Raiden. I have always liked him as a character so it will be a treat.  I didnt care much for MGS4 but it did have some great levels. Level 4 was the peak of the game. That level was so much fun and loaded with action. 

[quote user="Disco Penguins"]

I think moving on from Snake is a nice move. Sure, it won't feel very "Metal Gear" without him, but some times it's nice to change the feel and pace of something by giving it a new character. Resistance did this recently by knocking off Nathan Hale and introducing a new hero, and personally, I think it was a great move for the series.

[/quote]I don't really mind how the series is going either. The problem with them using Snake as a main character in a MGS game now is where they took MGS4 story wise. My biggest concern with Rising though is it seems like they're trying to make it more of a hack n slash rather than a stealth based game which annoys me. 

There is a showing of Metal Gear Solid Rising coming at the VGAs.  Along with a new Bioware game and Alan Wake.

well , i am really not a fan of the protagonist in this game. To me a MGS game without Snake will never be the same but i'll give it a try .

It doesn't surprise me if he couldn't just be executive producer for the game.  If it's true that makes me even more excited for this one..

Im sure Hideo has something in that head of is for another series.  But Metal Gear is just so epic

Rumor is Hideo Kojima just couldn't let control of the series go even if this is kind of an off shoot. He's back working on Rising. Which means the game should be even better, but makes me sad he isn't off coming up with the next great series.

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]

That and Ghost Recon: Future Solider, I haven't heard about in a while, I want both for sure.

[/quote]"Preorder Splinter Cell: Conviction now and get early access to the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier beta this summer!"

Not falling for that again Ubi :/.