Metal Gear Solid HD Collection downloaded but it doesn't start, just continually flashes "METAL GEAR SOLID"

Hi,

I downloaded the MGS HD collection yesterday as it was on offer. It seemingly downloaded fine, but when I go to play MGS2, it get's to the screen with the flashing "METAL GEAR SOLID" in the bottom right  corner and just flashes on and on and on. It never goes past that screen.

I'm not very happy! What can I do?

If I can't get it to work, how do I go about getting a refund? I can't find any way of actually contacting microsoft on the xbox website?

Thanks for any help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Seems like a glitch within the game itself. My best guess would be to re-download the game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Have you tried clearing your system cache? (System settings -> Storage -> HDD press Y -> clear cache)  Sometimes it can help to get rid of something that might be clogging up the memory and preventing the game from loading any further.  I would also suggest deleting any updates the game has done, which should be located in the game folder on the HDD (providing they are not hidden in the cache which cleaning will remove).  Also delete any saves the game may have started to make upon loading first time with errors, as they could be corrupt and preventing the game from loading. After all that, try running the game again and seeing if you can get passed the point you had before.

Secondly, if you still have errors after that, delete that game and any new files that may have appeared since the last delete, clear the cache again. Then also in the storage section of the HDD is an option called system items, in there is a file called market place data, please delete that file and then attempt to re-download the game again.  Hopefully if the above didn't work, this part will.

Let us know.

Sorry this didn't help.

First try somethigs before enter in contact whif support, because the MS and refund it´s words never match (only in cases of great mistakes!!!).

First erase your cache memory (it´s simple go to settings, memory that will show your hd space press Y to iniciate the process, and don´t worry that´s only clean junkie data and some times really recent games updates)..

Don´t work?Ok have some more things to do.

Second in memory option enter in your hd data (same screnn but now press A to enter), and seach for MGS HD collection go there and erase the game (calm you buy it and have the rights to download it many times you need).

After download it again try again to play (i hope that resolve if not come back here and tell more like Xbox model, type of hd, more of your hardware and i recomend to put a post in Konami official forum for this game, for more chances to fix it, because if that don´t resolve only, for me, can be only to answer a problem in your hd, that is less possible or a software problem and that Konami have to fix this)

I hope help you and forgive my bad english.

Sorry this didn't help.